|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||October 24, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
At Concho, we align our employees, customers, shareholders, and the communities we support in a value chain that drives long-term growth. It is a collaboration that fosters a culture of partnership, diversity, and innovation, acknowledges and celebrates our successes, embraces change, and guides us down the path of an even brighter future.
We believe our employees are our greatest assets and are committed to providing a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding environment where we can all thrive. At Concho, investing in our people has been essential to our success. We value the excellence in each of us, we face and overcome challenges together, we inspire and develop tomorrow’s leaders, and yes, we have fun at work.
We are seeking an experienced geoscientist to support unconventional exploration and development of resource plays in the Permian Basin of West Texas. Responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Evaluate unconventional play opportunities in the Permian Basin
- Map and communicate resource potential to management with high quality maps, cross sections, and other displays
- Perform regional geologic risk assessments of existing and/or emerging plays
- Develop and execute exploration/appraisal drilling plan to delineate sweet spots and identify primary geologic risk factors
- Monitor industry activity in areas of interest
- Provide geoscience support for the business development team
- Work closely with reservoir engineers and petrophysicists
- Master’s degree in geology or geophysics
- A minimum of 5 years of upstream oil/gas industry work experience
- 3+ years of horizontal development experience
- Experience with unconventional/resource plays
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in GeoGraphix and/or Petra
- Eligibility to work full-time in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
- Prior work experience in the Permian Basin
COG Operating LLC (Concho) uses e-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.