|Date Posted||December 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
International Energy Company
Due to expansion in activities and recent asset acquisitions, an International Energy Company is seeking to resource a Senior Geologist who will be based in Kuwait and assigned to an International Asset.
Summary of Role:
- The appointee will act as the Geoscience Technical Authority and provide geological expertise in terms of analysing, interpreting and integrating geological data to build models for play concepts in regional / localized basins, and generate prospects;
- Assist in evaluation of new projects / assets;
- Supervise Geologists and ensure they perform assigned tasks effectively and efficiently and develop their competence on the job;
- Conduct geological evaluation of farm-in opportunities for operated and non-operated ventures; includes asset evaluation and results for exploration projects in the detailing of “oil in place” and reserves / resources, to give value to the project’s worth;
- Undertake technical geological evaluations for existing and new ventures and provide recommendation to Senior Management team and board for their approval; oversee allocation of funds to viable projects as per approved budgets;
- Manage projects for specified assets (technical and financial) in the capacity of Project Coordinator;
- Analyse data and estimates and incorporate the range of key geological uncertainties towards building a robust suite of subsurface static models; perform basin / prospect evaluation as applicable and report operational performance of the operator highlighting variances;
- Participate in corporate risk committee and peer reviews to support the quality and consistency of technical work;
- Represent Company at technical and operating committee meetings, workshops, farmout presentations and industry technical conferences;
- Work with team members pro-actively to seek New Venture opportunities to achieve corporate aims in production and reserves base;
- Assist in providing training and transfer of technical skills to national employees.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- University Degree in Geoscience subject;
- Minimum 15 years’ experience as Geologist / Geoscientist in a variety of operating Environments, preferably with International Operator;
- Familiar with using Geological, Geophysical, Petrophysical Engineering Data, along with experience in using geological software;
- Team Leadership skills;
- Fluent written and spoken English
The appointee will be invited to join the expatriate staff payroll on long term residential contract (married or single status). The importance of this key role will be reflected in the generous salary and expatriate benefits which includes end of service benefit, child education assistance, company car, accommodation to a high standard, medical cover for self and family, annual rewards schemes etc.
Interviews : As soon possible