|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2017|
Collects and integrates geological, geophysical and drilling data to generate exploration, appraisal and development interpretations and recommendations. Generates structural and stratigraphic maps, cross-sections, well log correlations, structural/stratigraphic framework analyses, biostratigraphic, lithostratigraphic, geochemical, seal and pressure data as required for subsurface evaluations. Proactively leads the safety of employees, contractors, Noble resources and protecting the environment.
- Formulates, develops and applies advanced geoscience concepts in assignments.
- Prepares maps, cross-sections and analysis for prospect generation and development.
- Provides technical assessment of prospects to reduce risk.
- Supervises geological aspects of well planning and drilling, including risk mitigation.
- Makes recommendations for major company investments.
- Interprets, evaluates and recommends exploratory and/or development acreage.
- Trains and mentors personnel.
- Leads interdisciplinary studies.
- Bachelors degree in Geology or Geophysics required.
- Masters’ degree in Geology or Geophysics preferred.
- Sufficient experience to demonstrate technical competency across 1 or more areas of advanced geological skills, such as prospect generation, development geology, or sequence stratigraphy.
- Typical time to acquire experience needed for competency in these skills is 6-10 years.
- Normal office environment
- Some travel to field operations required