|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 4, 2017|
Collects and integrates geological, geophysical and drilling data to generate exploration, appraisal and development interpretations and recommendations. Generates structural and stratigraphic maps, cross-sections, well log correlations, structural/stratigraphic framework analyses, biostratigraphic, lithostratigraphic, geochemical, seal and pressure data as required for subsurface evaluations. Proactively leads the safety of employees, contractors, Noble resources and protecting the environment.
- Formulates, develops and applies advanced geoscience concepts in assignments.
- Prepares maps, cross-sections and analysis for prospect generation and development.
- Provides technical assessment of prospects to reduce risk.
- Supervises geological aspects of well planning and drilling, including risk mitigation.
- Review the prospect with the geologist and engineers to obtain subsurface properties relevant to data acquisition (i.e. sandstone/carbonate; temperature/pressure) for more complex wells
- Determines data acquisition suite necessary to obtain the data that the geologist and engineers require for the prospect.
- Writes Requests for Quote, evaluates bids and recommends service companies based on technical capability, cost and performance.
- Coordinates the procurement of equipment needed for wireline, core and surface logging.
- Creates Wellsite Geologist Manual which includes well objectives, requirements, data acquisition strategy and vendor selection.
- Makes recommendations for major company investments.
- Interprets, evaluates and recommends exploratory and/or development acreage.
- Trains and mentors personnel.
- Leads interdisciplinary studies.
- Masters’ degree in Geology or Geophysics + sufficient experience to develop technical competency across 1 or more areas of advanced geological skills, such as prospect generation, development geology, or sequence stratigraphy.
- Typical time to acquire experience needed for competency in these skills is 6-10 years.
- Well operations experience is desirable
- Unconventional experience required, preferably within the Eagle Ford
Normal office environment and some travel to field operations required.
The requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of the personnel assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties and/or skills that may be required of the incumbent.
Job Title: Senior Geologist
Location: Houston, TX, US
Organization Name: 6261 Eagle Ford Direct (Net G&A;)