|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
More information about this job:
Successful candidate is expected to handle geological and geophysical assignments of varied scope and complexity with limited supervision. Assist reservoir engineers in building capital plans as well as building an inventory of executable projects.
- With limited supervision, handle geological and geophysical assignments of varied scope and complexity.
- Assist reservoir engineers in building capital plans as well as building an inventory of executable projects.
- Serve as coach/mentor for junior geoscientists and technical assistants.
- Develop realistic schedules, budgets and cost estimates for projects developed.
- Serve as project leader of multi-disciplinary technical teams based on knowledge of geoscience disciplines.
- Interface with operations personnel – asset managers, production engineers, etc.
- Interface with internal/external reserves engineers and evaluators.
- Seek opportunities to network outside the company to build relationships and gather information that lead to future opportunities.
- Serve on evaluation teams for potential acquisitions in relevant geographic areas.
- MS Geology
- At least ten years professional experience in oil and gas geological studies.
- Geophysical experience in oil and gas geological settings is a plus.
- Experience in applied clastic and carbonate depositional systems. Specifically in the Permian Basin, west Texas.
- Experience with structural analysis. Specifically in the Permian Basin, west Texas.
- Experience with mud logging and wireline logging as well as experience with formation evaluation techniques especially with log petrophysical analysis software such as Powerlog.
- Proficient with geological application software Petra as well as Kingdom. Experience with 3-D seismic interpretation using Kingdom.
- Experience with standard computer software (i.e Microsoft suite)