|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
The Senior Geologist position is a technically based, personal contribution role designed to advance key company initiatives, focused on full-field evaluations and development of the company’s asset base. A key role for this position will be to promote consistent use of evaluation methods within the workflows of the subsurface technical groups within the company. This position will have a leadership role in consortia or other joint industry participation projects including the integration of these findings, along with other competitor activity into Oasis proprietary interpretations. This individual is expected to function as a technical leader, maintain a mentoring capacity to early career geoscientists, and will contribute in special projects such as reservoir simulation efforts and multi-variant analysis. This position will report to the Geoscience Manager and is located in downtown Houston, TX. Level and salary commensurate with background and experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advance the company's understanding of existing and emerging subsurface technologies for developing unconventional and conventional reservoirs
- Champion the development of foundational technical expertise leading to top tier geological interpretations, petrophysical analysis, and incorporation of emerging technologies
- Monitor/evaluate competitor activity; reinforce these learnings with reservoir group in core asset areas, and implement and maintain fast follower best practices.
- Calibrate core data to all available wireline log data
- Tie all subsurface data to well performance trends
- Perform basin level assessments of “legacy” plays toward possible entry
- Technical contributor on special projects and new venture opportunities within asset base
- Interaction with Business Development to help develop acquisition and extension opportunities providing company growth
- Provide technical inputs to Business Development group for bolt-on acquisition and divestiture opportunities
- Involved in sanctioning the full-field development of Oasis’s drilling spacing units
- Other duties and projects as needed requested by manager
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Geology
- 8 years of experience, primarily in unconventional plays
- Proficient use of geological workstations (PETRA, GeoGraphix) or equivalent, and Microsoft Office software (excel/ppt/word/outlook)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated individual with strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate in a multi-disciplinary team environment, with consultants, and with vendors/ technical service providers
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess the ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, copier, files, telephone, and fax; maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with 2D & 3D Seismic Interpretation and geo workflows
- Fluent with Petrophysical Analysis concepts and practices
- Geochemistry fundamentals
- Geomechanics fundamentals
- Prior mentoring and leadership experience
- Operations experience
- Conventional evaluations experience
- Kingdom software experience