|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 5, 2017|
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have a world-class portfolio of assets with industry-leading margins and visible growth in areas where we have proven technical capabilities: Asia Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, onshore U.S. and the West Africa conjugate margin. We are a leader in the production of shale oil and gas, and one of the largest operators in the Bakken formation, North Dakota. We are also known for our expertise in the development and production of projects in deep water offshore.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The position reports to the Exploration Manager, Atlantic Margins Regional. This role presents an opportunity to join the Exploration team at Hess and to contribute to value creation through work on a wide variety of projects within the Atlantic Margin. Particular focus will be required on petroleum systems and preference will be given to candidates that have a strong knowledge and understanding of prospect maturation, assessment of key petroleum systems elements, building petroleum systems models, salt tectonics and structural geology We are seeking and experienced and well-rounded geoscientist who will provide technical expertise and who will help drive the new ventures activities. The candidate will also provide mentoring/leadership to less-experienced team-members.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 3D (and potentially some 2D) regional to prospect scale seismic interpretation, including sub-salt and structurally complex areas with challenged seismic image quality.
- Data integration and regional map compilation from multiple data sets.
- Contribute map products that define and constrain play-fairways for play-based exploration work.
- Compile and maintain Common Risk Segment and War Maps.
- Contribute interpretations as input to petroleum systems analyses (basin models, fluid systems, geo-pressure).
- Advise on new 3D seismic licensing and reprocessing projects
- Post-well analysis & dry-hole analysis. Integration of new well data and results into regional play mapping and understanding the implications for reserve or resource estimates.
- Participate in reactive and proactive New Ventures activities (farm-ins, deals, lease-sales).
- Mentor interns and foundation phase geoscientists.
- Active participation in cross-functional team environment and demonstration of the Hess Values and the Hess Way of Working.
- Oil finder with minimum 6 years of industry exploration experience
- Deep understanding of petroleum systems, salt tectonics, structural geology, and seismic interpretation.
- Technical expertise and extensive experience within a variety of regional plays.
- Structure and isochore mapping, regional map integration from disparate data sets.
- Prior experience with both appraisal and development geology
- Log analysis and correlation skills.
- Experience in risk analysis and probabilistic resource assessment.
- Able to work independently and to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplined team. Able to work to tight deadlines and effective at multi-tasking.
- Good presenter with strong communication skills.
- Experience with probabilistic volumetrics and data integration
- Play mapping, common-risk segment mapping, war mapping highly desirable
- Experience in New Ventures
Education, Training & Certifications
- MSc in Geology or Geophysics (or related discipline) with formal training courses in other subsurface functional areas.
- Good understanding of geology and geophysics, with awareness of petroleum/ reservoir engineering, petrophysics and drilling.
- Petrel software
- ArcGIS (Player)
- Microsoft Office suite
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.