|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 1, 2016|
As a diverse and expanding organisation we have many divisions that support our business. You will find development and career opportunities, you’ll be valued, recognised, challenged and rewarded.
Explore your Woodside at woodside.com.au/careers
Woodside has an excellent career opportunity for a talented Senior Geologist/ Geophysicist who thrives on challenge to be based in London and contribute to our exciting portfolio growth plans.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager Woodside Energy (UK) Ltd and the Ireland project Team Leader, this senior level position requires a proven oil-finder, capable of utilizing geological and geophysical data to evaluate new opportunities at basin, play and prospect scale.
You will generate prospect and lead portfolios and mature and/or evaluate oil and gas plays leveraging your skills in 2D and 3D seismic interpretation.
Focus will initially be on Woodside held assets in the Porcupine Basin, Ireland but thereafter in varied global basin settings as the London geoscience team continues to provide support to Woodside’s global new ventures growth ambitions.
You will Possess:
• Excellent seismic interpretation skills
• Demonstrated exploration success in a large scale oil and gas explorer/ operator
• Be suitably degree qualified ie: BSc in Geology/ Physics, with postgraduate qualifications (PhD, Masters etc..) highly regarded
• Senior years experience
• Exploration experience in multiple regions preferred
• Structural Geology experience or Seismic Sequence stratigraphy critical
• Software experience in relevant tools such as Petrel would be strongly regarded
• Ability to deliver & collaborate in a multidisciplinary team environment critical
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
• Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class assets.
• Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
• A values-driven environment where working together is key
• Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus
This dynamic opportunity will suit a seasoned Explorer who excels in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Woodside aspires to be an industry leader in diversity.