|Date Posted||March 12, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Job Ref: VAC-59005
SENIOR GEOLOGIST BASED IN DOHA QATAR. WORKING FOR A LARGE OPERATING COMPANY ON PROJECTS BASED WORLD WIDE. 12 MONTH INITAL CONTRACT. 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE MINIMUM REQUIRED. PLEASE SEE SPECIFICATION BELOW.
Analyze, interpret, and integrate seismic, geological, geochemical, reservoir and petroleum engineering, and petrophysical data, uncertainty modelling, regional geology, experience in carbonate and clastic, conventional, unconventional and fractured reservoirs. Quality assurance processes for new opportunity screening workflow, prospect de-risking and maturation. Experience in dealing with Consultants. Develop and mentor less experienced staff.
Required experience and expertise:
- 15+ years of experience, preferably with internationally reputable operators with Regional experience in MENA, W-E Africa, Mediterranean, and Americas including GOM.
- Proven track record of creating and delivering value to large organizations across the globe. This should include demonstrated use of technical tools, processes and analysis to impact all phases of regional basin, play and prospects assessment, green and brown field developments and M&A activities.
- Competent in screening and collection of opportunity of relevant key data from data subscriptions.
- Inter-disciplinary interpretation, evaluation and integration of field and well data, reservoir facies evaluation and prediction.
- Knowledgeable in producing CRS maps in Play Based Exploration activity.
- Production forecasting driven by well, reservoir and subsurface understanding.
- Raid M&A screening and evaluation using benchmarks and analogues.
- Static reservoir modeling and uncertainty modelling.
- Opportunity de-risking through Basin modeling and understanding of Geochemistry.
- Supporting development options screening and valuation, opportunity data base creation .
- Capable in phased or stage gated technical project maturation processes .
- Assurance role as operator or non-operator .
- Decision analysis and support leading Exploration Technical Peer Reviews.
- Must have experience in mentoring less experienced geoscientists.
- Experienced and able to demonstrate application of specialist software and tools such as Seismic interpretation tools, Petrel, Landmark ArcGIS mapping, IHS report creation, Trinity, Petromod, Techlog, IP, Risk & Volumetric Prospect Assessments GeoX, R&A, Knowledgeable about DHI interpretation within capacity of above mentioned tools.
Desirable experience and expertise
- Exposure to global exploration opportunities and assets evaluation Demonstrable experience in well log interpretation challenging farmor data.
- Exposure to and knowledge of static and dynamic reservoir modelling.
- Experience in applying structural geology concepts and methods to assess compartmentalization / communication due to faulting and fracturing and predicting reservoir performance.
- Understanding and knowledge of commercial asset evaluation, preferably working experience with business development and commercial teams.
. M.Sc. is an advantage