|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
Jonah Energy is currently looking for a full-time Senior Geologist based in our Denver office. Working in a collaborative team environment, the Senior Geologist will work on operational projects as well as upside/growth projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Geologist will be assigned specific tasks including, but not limited to:
- Daily operational duties and full data integration to optimize reservoir characterization, well planning and design for efficient vertical, multi-well pad field development
- Divide schedule accordingly to develop upside projects within Jonah Wedge as well as within the adjacent 100,000+ acre acreage position
- Allocate sufficient time for developing concepts in mid-continent A&D focus area
- Execute all projects with the upmost of technical rigor with a constant focus of the economic impact to the organization
- Adhere to Jonah Energy’s Core Values
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlooks, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly accurate and detail oriented with ability to synthesize existing data into new observations that increase efficiency, drive upside potential and create value
- Executes projects with a high degree of technical rigor
- Demonstrates strong business acumen
- Demonstrates initiative, organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Proficiency in Petra and Spotfire required
- Proficiency with horizontal planning, development and geosteering required
- Strong petrophysical background preferred
- Proficiency in SMT and seismic interpretation preferred
Education and Experience
Minimum of six years’ relevant experience
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an inteview.
Employment is contingent upon succesful completion of pre-employment background screening, drug-test, and fit-for-duty evaluation.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Jonah Energy LLC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
Relocation assistance not offered.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.