|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||February 27, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
The Senior Geologist will be located in the Midland, TX office working with the Delaware Basin Subsurface Characterization team. Anadarko is seeking a Geologist who has significant experience conducting integrated reservoir studies with a specific focus on earth modeling and petroleum systems modeling.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the petroleum industry as a geologist or geophysicist with geo-modeling skills.
- Advanced knowledge of integrated workflows and associated software, such as, Petrel or Gocad as applied to resource assessments and characterization, reservoir development and reservoir management.
- Significant expertise in building integrated reservoir models in areas with complex structure and stratigraphy.
- Well-versed in geo-statistical methods and their application to reservoir modeling.
- Practical knowledge and experience working in development and field appraisal environments.
- Experience in unconventional tight sand, limestone and shale reservoirs, as well as, working knowledge of organic geochemistry and petroleum system fundamentals is highly desirable.
- A strong team player and the ability to function independently, handle multiple projects and self-driven.
- Understanding of business and commercial drivers in technically driven workflows.
- Experienced in a multidisciplinary, high activity and fast-paced team environment.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are highly preferred.
- Apply geological skills to develop integrated reservoir models utilizing both 2D Mapping and 3-D Earth Modeling software on both a local and regional scale for development, appraisal and exploration studies.
- Work closely with petrophysicists and reservoir engineers to build 3-D Earth Models for front-end reservoir simulation.
- Responsibility of developing stratigraphic and structural framework as well as understanding of the petroleum system by integrating a broad range of data types and interpretation techniques.
- Provide mentoring and guidance on the application of geoscience with respect to field development strategies
- Collaboration effectively in a Business Unit with multiple disciplines at varying levels of experience
- The chosen candidate will be part of a high-functioning, multidisciplinary technical team and must be able to work effectively in a team environment
B.S., M.S. or PhD degree in geology or geophysics. M.S. or PhD, highly preferred.
The position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is up to 20%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.