|Date Posted||July 25, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company is ranked among the top 15 largest oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Senior Geologist
TAQA North currently has an opening for a Senior Geologist. Reporting to the Asset Director, Mature the Senior Geologist works within a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers, Geoscientists, Landmen, Joint Venture Representatives and Field Staff. The Senior Geologist extends existing project concepts within TAQA North’s extensive North American acreage holdings and identifies areas that are under exploited as well as keying off of other industry activity to identify low risk play concepts.
Provides the Asset Team with geological expertise and support by:
- Developing comprehensive subsurface interpretations integrating geological, geophysical, petrophysical and reservoir engineering data
- Supporting economic evaluations through the assessment of subsurface risk and uncertainty
- Identifying drilling prospects in support of exploration and development efforts
- Providing technical analysis in support of land and property acquisitions and divestitures, farm-in/farm-out opportunities, and operated/non-operated drilling proposals
- Supporting and contributing to ongoing reserves evaluations, audits and assessments
- Mentorship of Junior and Intermediate Development staff in play development and driving commercial results.
Experience and Education:
- Professional Geologist (APEGA) with 15+ years of progressive experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in western Canadian plays (conventional/unconventional)
- Excellent communicator across multiple disciplines and with all levels of management
- Proven track record of value creation by successfully identifying and progressing new opportunities
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, team player with strong organizational and technical skills
- Highly creative, self-motivated individual with a desire to continuously learn and innovate
- A positive, values based approach to business
- Highly proficient software skills, particularly Accumap.