|Date Posted||May 8, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Reporting to the Exploration Manager, the Senior Geologist is responsible for preparing geological maps, cross sections, and core/cuttings/lab data to help determine optimal well bore placement in our ongoing development and step out horizontal drilling plan for our Kakwa Montney field area. In addition wellsite geological operations supervision will be needed 24/7 when drilling operations are ongoing. The Senior Geologist will have a proven track record of Montney prospect/project generation and development of unconventional resource plays in deep basin reservoirs. This position will be responsible for the expansion and development of existing Montney plays as well as the generation of new oil and gas prospects.
- Utilize surface and subsurface geotechnical data to generate geologic models through log correlation, cross-section construction, stratigraphic analysis, petrophysical analysis and strong mapping interpretation techniques.
- Ability to incorporate 3D geophysical understanding a plus
- Good understanding of completion operations and technology a definite asset
- Expand and refine current Montney play interpretations on OUC lands, monitor land sale opportunities, monitor competitor activity as well as new prospect generation
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of geotechnical software tools such as Geoscout/Accumap and Transform in the geological and geophysical interpretation process. Familiarity with a digital work flow an asset
- Convey technical findings in verbal and written forms to cross-technical team members and management
- Effectively manage geological operations geology on drilling, workover and recompletions projects
- Periodically engage in the evaluation of acquisition and divestiture opportunities
- Work effectively in a collaborative multi-disciplined environment incorporating a wide variety of data from various sources to develop a team driven interpretation
- Create well prognoses for all approved drilling wells within Kakwa and other assigned areas
- Maintain a daily reporting system for well operations and data gathering
- Mentor less experienced geologists as needed
- Minimum BSc Geology
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience, with at least 5 years of Montney experience with a solid background in unconventional deep basin plays highlighting the individual as well as team success
- Strong background with horizontal well operations
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent presentation skills
- Successful candidate will possess interpersonal skills that include a high level of intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency in an environment with shifting priorities.
Job Type: Full-time
- industry: 10 years