|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||March 20, 2018|
Carigali Hess Operating Co. Sdn. Bhd. requires an experienced geologist to evaluate existing discoveries and develop new plays within our Northern Malay Basin acreage.
The successful candidate will have around 15 years or more of exploration and development geology experience, mostly gained in clastic systems with an international operating company. The job will require working knowledge of seismic interpretation and sequence stratigraphic techniques to frame stacked pay intervals and define appraisal and development well locations.
Specific tasks will include:
• Seismic horizon interpretation and geological correlation
• Conceptual depositional modeling and mapping
• Geo-cellular modeling and probabilistic volumetric estimation
• Determining optimal appraisal and development well locations
• Presentation of results to management, shareholders and regulators.
Experience in SE Asian fluvial to shallow marine clastic systems is essential, and previous Malay Basin experience will be an advantage. The successful candidate will work with Carigali Hess' Regional Team in Kuala Lumpur. He or she must be fluent in both spoken and written English, and have good presentations skills. Working experience with Petrel software will also be valuable.
Contract Duration: 12 -18 Months