|Date Posted||April 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Parsley Energy is seeking an experienced geological technician for the position of Senior Geological Technician to support geologists and geophysicists as part of exploration team working the Permian Basin of West Texas and New Mexico and the lower 48. The position is located in Austin, Texas. The Senior Geological Technician will have a minimum of 7 years of industry experience and possess advanced skills in loading, managing and manipulation of geologic data using a variety of data sources and software packages.
- Assume responsibility for building interpretation projects and loading geologic data into IHS / Kingdom Suite and Petra interpretation software; maintain integrity of the project database
- Generate high quality maps, cross-sections and well or competitor activity maps as directed by geologists and geophysicists
- Assemble, QA/QC, and manage various geologic databases.
- Work collaboratively with land, drilling, reservoir and production operations groups to load, analyze and manipulate various types of data in Excel, Access, Spotfire, or other types of software as needed
- Lead by example and mentor less experienced support staff
Knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- Passion for learning and personal growth
- Customer focused – ability to work well with others and handle changing tasks and priorities
- Ability to self-direct work, learn new tasks, improve processes and document workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to document work and share knowledge
- Highly proficient using geologic software and databases, IHS Kingdom, Petra, Spotfire, Access and ArcGIS experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of TGS, IHS Energy and DrillingInfo databases
- Efficient and effective use of Microsoft Office applications
No supervisory responsibilities required
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role: However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing, and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Position type and expect hours of work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Travel will be required for this role. No more than 25% per year.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Legally Authorized to work in the United States without restrictions