|Location||New Plymouth, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||December 6, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
If you are an experienced Exploration Geologist that would like to work in an active company where you'll find challenging work and like the idea of living in the best medium-sized town in the world, then we want to hear from you!
You'll have solid hands-on experience in oil and gas exploration and would now like to break into fresh challenges. You like the idea of working in a small but fast paced team where you can shoulder your own responsibilities and help steer the direction of the work and the team.
We are Todd Energy, a New Zealand owned organisation with diverse interests and a leading oil & gas explorer for over 70 years. In conjunction with various joint venture partners, Todd Energy has ownership in a number of facilities that are responsible for over 80% of New Zealand's hydrocarbon energy production. You can learn more about us at: http://www.toddenergy.co.nz/
Our subsurface team is located not far from our producing assets in New Plymouth and our Taranaki province was recently voted 2nd best region to visit by the Lonely Planet in a recent survey. It's a place where you can enjoy a 10 minute commute and still live in the countryside. At weekends you can ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon, if you've a mind to! Visit http://www.taranaki.info/liveandwork/to find out more about living and working in this stunning location.
We are looking for an experienced Exploration Geologist to support our busy Exploration & New Ventures team.
Suitable applicants must have:
- Minimum of BSc (Hons) or MSc in Geoscience
- At least 12 to 15 years broad petroleum industry experience
- Proven exploration record of finding new oil and gas reserves
- Day-to-day working knowledge of seismic interpretation, integration of well data, and depth conversion (experience in Petrel, Petrosys, ArcGIS is advantageous)
- Extensive experience of generating prospects
- Extensive experience of stochastic volumes estimation with the ability to interface with reservoir engineers and petroleum engineers to provide pertinent geological input
- Extensive experience of prospect risking
- Experience of constructing full-lifecycle economic evaluations of opportunities
- Experience of new ventures valuations from data rooms etc.
- Experience drilling and executing exploration wells
- Extensive experience with play-based exploration and understanding sedimentary basins
- Understanding the theory and application of basin modelling is advantageous
- Knowledge of Taranaki geology and plays is advantageous but not essential
- Experience dealing with permit management and fulfilling regulatory requirements
- Experience managing engagement with JV participants and external stakeholders
- Able to set priorities on competing issues according to value to business, and able to work in rapidly changing environment
- Team player with strong coaching capabilities and desire to keep developing
- Motivated, self-starting, independent individual with a high level of initiative and good communications skills
To apply please send a cover letter and CV before 5pm Friday 16 December 2016.