|Date Posted||July 17, 2017|
Sinopec Canada is currently recruiting for a Senior Exploitation Engineer . Reporting to the Vice President, Asset Management and Marketing, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team with duties related to maximizing the value of a broad array of Alberta assets. The primary duties of this position would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Perform technical and economic evaluations of Sinopec Canada assets and evaluate competitor results to help understand regional results and opportunities.
- Manage and track capital spending and perform capital program economic look backs.
- Create, recommend, and implement short and long range development plans and manage forecast updates.
- Track well performance versus expectations, and work with Production and Reservoir Engineering teams to ensure targets are met and forecasts are accurate.
- Assist in maintaining accurate company reserve bookings for assigned areas and perform as a company representative to independent reserve evaluators
- Participate in area reviews and monitor well/area level netbacks for the purpose of netback optimization.
- Complete operating cost analysis for various areas and identify wells that are uneconomic under current conditions.
- Generate creative ideas to reduce operating costs or increase third party revenue at Sinopec facilities. Project manage cost savings initiatives by working with Production and Facilities engineers.
- Identify restart candidates or recompletion opportunities by reviewing shut in or suspended wells.
- Monitor new technology and identify opportunities to apply it in mature areas.
- Work with Joint Ventures to justify and implement projects involving partners.
- Ensure overall regulatory compliance for area including preparation and submission of various government applications.
- Mentor junior/intermediate exploitation engineers.
Position Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Competent in the use of industry software (Accumap, Mosaic, Tableau, Harmony, PVR, Microsoft Suite).
- Strong technical skills in the areas of evaluations, reservoir engineering analysis, geological data interpretation. Ensure technical correctness of engineering work in the asset team.
- Production engineering experience including lease operating statement analysis and opex management.
- Organizational skills to handle a large array of projects simultaneously, and the flexibility to adjust priorities as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Your presentations are well written, and delivered in a confident and concise manner. Your interactions with team members are positive, respectful, and enthusiastic.
- Informal leadership experience with teams, groups, or committees.
- Display a high-level of integrity in all actions, complying with and promoting the company’s core values, a respectful work environment, and aligning with the code of business conduct.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and operate effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer through APEGA.
- Experience in Production or Reservoir Engineering would be considered a significant asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Come work with us!
If you are looking for meaningful new challenges and have a solutions-oriented attitude, we want to hear from you. Join Sinopec Canada for a workplace filled with diversity, rewarding work, and opportunities to develop new skills and grow your career.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter on the careers section of our website, www.sinopeccanada.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time