|Date Posted||July 3, 2017|
Established in Scotland in 1987, Orion Group has achieved consistent growth over the ensuing 30 years and is now an international leader in the provision of personnel to the Oil and Gas / Rail and wider Engineering Industries.
Today Orion Group manages the placement of thousands of contractors every year via our worldwide network of 57 offices throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa.
- Senior technical member of sub-surface team responsible for building and updating reservoir models, well planning, field development activities, planning & monitoring operational activities across Ghana assets.
- Input to geological projects and studies and integrate study results in to field development models
- Perform & QC of model building and uncertainty modelling to ensure consistent models that are fit for purpose for field development planning. Liaison with reservoir engineers to ensure proper links between static and dynamic work.
- Input to field data gathering and reservoir monitoring program.
- Present results internally to management and externally to partners. Liaise with partners to resolve technical issues.
- Help build and maintain accurate and comprehensive databases of data gathered in conjunction with geoscience team members.
- Ensure all work is carried out to appropriate standards and in accordance with our clients internal processes
- Contribute to geological training and mentoring of junior staff and secondees
- Geological modelling activities. Work with team geoscientists and PE’s to create representative suite of static models for history matching and forecasting, and for input to reserve evaluation.
- Evaluate and communicate geological uncertainties feeding into additional data acquisition plans and capture in uncertainty analysis and reservoir modelling.
- Prepare supporting documentation on infill or further development drilling opportunities, including presentations, well proposals, and well diaries as required.
- Align technical activities with business objectives to ensure timely delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
- Present recommendations to management, peer reviews and partners.
- Mentor Junior and Graduate Geoscientists as required.
- Reinforce best practices in geomodelling techniques and Petrel workflows in the Accra office.
- Provide high quality geological evaluations, reservoir and well correlations to the Development Team.
- Define field data acquisition programs & field monitoring, including wireline, LWD, coring and fluid sampling in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Provide technical assistance to other teams within the client, as required.
A leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company with HQ in West London, UK. Their focus is on finding and monetising oil in Africa and the Atlantic Margins and currently boast a portfolio over 120 licences spans 21 countries.
- MSc. level or equivalent in Geoscience
- Advanced 3D static modelling skills including integration of petrophysics, rock physics, quantitative seismic interpretation, depositional models and reservoir engineering information for dynamic reservoir simulation and volumetric assessments.
- Broad petroleum geology experience, with specific in-depth experience in oil field development and production geology.
- Detailed back ground in turbidite sedimentology
- Knowledge of a range of structural regimes and depositional environments.
- Experience of international environments
- Expert in Petrel geomodelling
- Strong operational geology skills and experience.
- Self-starter, team player, possesses strong analytical and communication skills, and enjoys working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Directs the application of existing principles and guides development of new approaches.
- Adapts style and uses persuasion in delivering messages.
- Align technical objectives to business & project drivers.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and influencing skills
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise between competing projects,
- React quickly & flexibly to changing circumstances
- Seek ways to find and apply best practice
- Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach
- Open, honest & reliable
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.