|Location||New Plymouth, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
TAG Oil is a New Zealand based exploration and production company with its corporate headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our exploration, development, and operations teams are located in New Plymouth, Taranaki, close to our producing assets.
We have an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Senior Reservoir Engineer.
We are looking for a Reservoir Engineer who has solid practical experience with a petroleum exploration and production focused operator. The ideal applicant is someone who would like to work in a small company that is looking to rapidly expand its business across New Zealand and Australia.
As a senior member of the technical team you will be responsible for providing key direction to the business to enable it to deliver on its strategic priorities. This role is part of a multi-disciplined dynamic team where you are expected to deliver on your key accountabilities, as well as work collaboratively with others to deliver on the business priorities.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Technical support for new well proposals, drilling, completion, and testing programs
- Forecast production and ultimate recovery of existing pools and potential prospects
- Plan and conduct reservoir development studies to evaluate and determine optimal field development plans
- Update company resource assessments and reserve estimates; liaise with external auditor regarding reservoir engineering aspects of resource and reserve assessments
- Assessment of acquisition opportunities which aligned with TAG Oil's growth strategy
- Assist in the preparation of long range plans and annual budget
- Developing and implementing project plans and schedules in a timely manner
- Interfacing effectively with all stakeholders, operations, other functional departments, government authorities, partners and contractors
- Contributing to the creation of a culture of strong and effective team-work
To effectively support our geoscience and reservoir engineering teams the suitable applicant must have:
- At minimum, a 4 year bachelor of engineering degree
- 10-20 years of industry experience, specifically onshore conventional exploration and development
- Experience with water flood development schemes
For a full position description please contact: HR@tagoil.com
Applications close 5:00pm 17 August 2016
Please email your cover letter and CV to HR@tagoil.com