|Date Posted||October 19, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
|Salary Per Annum (USD)||200000|
Presented by: North American Recruiting and Consulting
Position Location: Dallas or Houston, Texas
Job Code: CRT0984
Focused on the prolific deepwater subsalt play in the Gulf of Mexico, Our Client chooses projects that require miles of drilling, in search of billions of barrels, beneath layers of salt. Our Client has no layers of cumbersome bureaucracy. Working nimbly together, they make better, quicker decisions. As a result they make investment decisions in days, not months or years.
The Senior Appraisal Reservoir Engineer will be able to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team performing a variety of reservoir engineering duties related to gathering and analyzing data, appraising and monitoring well and reservoir performance, estimating reserves, predicting future performance to ensure optimum recovery, and determining if projects meet company economic guidelines. Position will be based in Houston or Dallas, Texas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated team, and perform balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
2. Provide technical expertise to subsurface risk discussions and decisions, in the generation of appropriate ranges for resource potential, production rates, conceptual development plans, cost estimates and project timing, and in performing sensitivity analysis on any critical factors identified.
3. Develop simplistic reservoir modeling on an as-needed basis.
4. Perform routine reservoir engineering principles to identify and initiate enhancement opportunities.
5. Prepare project economics as required for exploration operations and makes appropriate AFE recommendations.
6. Support Appraisal teams in evaluation of deepwater projects, including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting, evaluation of possible development scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating expenses and overall operational plans.
7. Significant collaboration and integration with G&G and Petrophysical team members.
8. Perform risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
9. Help design the formation evaluation program and assist in the log analysis, fluid analysis, and core analysis efforts on appraisal projects.
10. Organize and maintain well and field data information to establish resource revisions as appropriate and to provide engineering consulting firms with appropriate data in a concise format for year-end reserve determinations, as needed.
11. Prepare and deliver technical presentations for management reviews, peer reviews and technical committee meetings.
12. Represents Our Client in meetings and interactions with working interest partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum, with a Minimum of 10 years of oil and gas industry experience working in multi-disciplinary teams adding value to assets through the application of solid reservoir management skills.
2. Experience in evaluation and development of deepwater reservoirs is preferred, with strong preference for Gulf of Mexico expertise. Similar deepwater experience in other Frontier Basins would be considered.
3. Demonstrated ability to use petroleum engineering principles to solve problems and identify enhancement opportunities.
4. Fluency in integrated production modeling tools (Gap, Prosper, MBal, etc) desired.
5. Must Have strong technical background in reservoir engineering including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc. and a good understanding of geology. Petrophysical and detailed MDT analysis skills helpful.
6. Flow assurance and reservoir simulation exposure a plus.
7. Requires proficiency with economic analysis software (such as Aries, Peep, etc.).
8. Must Have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
9. Must Be Able to work in highly charged, fast-paced work environment and be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects.
KEY ATTRIBUTES OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
1) Deep Knowledge of Deepwater Petroleum Systems
Has deep and broad understanding of all aspects of Deepwater Gulf of Mexico petroleum systems
Quickly recognizes and adapts to key technical challenges unique to deepwater, and makes appropriate recommendations to Executive leadership team
Poses questions in a constructive manner that provokes different thinking about the company’s technical opportunities
2) Executing for Results
Sets compelling goals and schedules for completion of technical work with company
Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
Uses best in class techniques and benchmarks and own experience as catalyst for driving change
3) Leading Teams
Engages the broader technical team through enthusiasm and excitement about business
Celebrates with broader technical team for achieving significant milestones and goals
Translates overarching technical and business goals into specific objectives for each team member
Gets personally involved in sourcing, selecting, developing and retaining top technical talent within the company
4) Building Strong Relationships
Readily connects with diverse groups of talent and puts them at ease
Has strong network of external business relationships within E&P offshore industry
Builds effective coalitions with broader technical team to move agenda forward
Motivates others to pursue common objectives with excitement about future
Makes him/herself personally available and approachable to all staff to communicate key messages to team
5) Learning and Thinking
Is able to “deep dive” into the details of the technical challenges the company faces while still staying focused on the big picture
Takes systematic, structured view of situations and understands root causes
Is exceptionally fast at understanding complex technical situations
Absorbs new facts, data and information quickly
Has the capacity to be open to exploring new areas where there are no right answers
Holds to well-articulated core values and expected behavior and holds others to the same standard – with no exceptions
Has the courage of own convictions
Has the confidence to hire the strongest, smartest people
Is resilient in the face of failure and handles setbacks without losing confidence or drive
Starting Base between $250 to $300 K + (DOE); Bonus Eligible; Equity; Travel Expenses Paid; Relocation; Health Benefits
Bob Turner, Ed. D. President
North American Recruiting and Consulting
826 Ashford Court
Tyler, Texas 75703
If you are interested in learning more and potentially becoming a candidate, I need Two Things from you:
One is a current chronological resume and in your resume you should be sure and include your experiences as they specifically relate to our client's description as "they" wrote the description.
The second thing I need is a "letter of introduction" about yourself; however, do not start writing the letter until we have talked about the opportunity. In the letter I need you to discuss:
(1) Your “Deep Water Appraisal" experiences as they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements mentioned by the client in their description;
(2) The reasons for any employment changes you have had during the past 10 years where you were with any employer for less than three years;
(3) What your current career goals are and the reason(s) for being interested in a new opportunity at this time;
(4) Briefly discuss how your professional experiences match up with / or align with our client's description for the position;
(5) Discuss how your history demonstrates that you "meet/exceed" their stated requirements for this position