|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2017|
TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions.
Provides geophysical support to project teams in coordination with R&D. Will also initiate development and deployment of new technology. Provide training to processing personnel via the training program, lunch and learns, one on one and manuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide geophysical support to project teams in coordination with R&D
- Initiate development and deployment of new technologies
- Provide training to processing personnel via training programs, L&Ls, one on ones and manuals
- Independently carries out advanced geophysical processes and can establish new techniques and methodologies for solving complex problems
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced employees
- Effectively presents information to internal and external clients
- Demonstrate personal commitment to living the TGS values
- Take responsibility for your own safety, and comply with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment.
- Ensure the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and report any hazards, accidents or injuries to your immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor or higher degree in Geophysics, Geology, Physics, Math or equivalent knowledge level
- A minimum of 18 - 23 years of processing experience
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Internally recognized as an expert in most of the key production modules and begins to be recognized as an expert in an imaging field
- Possess advanced project management and supervisory skills
- Possess a good understanding of the various acquisition methods
- Innovative ideas are recognized as being a key to the success of at least one processing project
- Some knowledge of computer hardware and Geophysical algorithms is a plus
- Enjoys working in a team environment but can work independently.
- Good grasp of geophysical and geological principles.
- Advanced problem solving and multi-tasking skills are needed.
- Ability to effectively organize teams and projects
- Knowledge of the business side of processing and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customers
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Proven history of leading successful teams and delivering quality products on time
- Respect for subordinates and peers
- Good skills in motivating subordinates
- Good skills in communications
Apply with LinkedIn