|Date Posted||August 7, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
LOCATION: Yangon, Myanmar
START DATE: August 2016
DURATION: 1 year (extendable)
WORKING SCHEDULE: TBA
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Contract
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Interpret 2D and 3D seismic data incorporated with all wells data to achieve optimum resources evaluation.
• Manage studies and masters geophysical techniques and methods to achieve industry standard- seismic interpretations with highest accuracy and reliability.
• Assessment of Hydrocarbon resources in of JV/Operating assets and work through RFS as required by Geoscience Division using geophysical data, well data and available tools.
• Manages and supervises well seismic calibration, time to depth conversion, and the geophysical database.
• Progress and results are communicated to management/team/asset/partner on a regular basis and concluded with final reports and closeout.
• Effective interaction, provide support with all relevant parties i.e. seismic acquisition team, QI team, or other asset teams as required to ensure that the study results meet technical project requirement and business impact.
• Improve the quality of geophysical data provided to the asset teams for evaluation, in order to reduce risk with regard to well site selection and field appraisal/development (if any).
• Coach, motivate, and develop less experienced team members and new staff and offer in-house Seismic interpretation short course upon request.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
• Relevant degree in Geoscience, with good technical knowledge of geophysical principles and seismic interpretation techniques
• At least 5-10 years’ experience in 2D and 3D seismic interpretation, depth conversion, reservoir characterization with preferred unconventional oil/gas experience.
• Ability to operate geophysical industry software packages for seismic interpretation
• Strong interpersonal with effective oral and written communication
• Ability to mentor junior staff and possess supervisory skills
• Working knowledge with multi-disciplines and can adjust to multi-cultural environment
• Good Communication Skills in English: fluent in both verbal and written.
**Please note that only shortlisted/pre-qualified candidates, will be contacted**