|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Edinburgh, Offshore, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
A technology driven Company who are committed to solving the toughest problems in geophysical exploration seek 2 Seismic Acquisition Survey Specialists to assist in optimising the design and implementation of complex seismic acquisition surveys (including 3D, 4D and WATS), utilising a comprehensive library of software tools. You will be responsible for the daily planning of the acquisition along with many other marine operations. Applicants are invited with at least 5 years proven broad experience in the seismic acquisition survey business. Due to the nature of the role, you will be expected to travel away from home for variable amounts of time and supervise and mentor more junior staff. Extensive training in systems provided.
The Company work closely with both Exploration and Production operators and seismic acquisition contractors to identify innovative solutions that resolve global operational and imaging challenges. Their products and services range from acquisition and navigation systems to survey design and management.
With the industry emerging from a downturn, the Company is in discussions with clients regarding new project demands. The Company envisage that they would initially need 2 individuals for permanent positions. In the first instance, can you please express your interest in the role and advise of your permanent salary and availability and any other pertinent information. We will keep you informed of any updates re the role and timeframes.
Reporting to Director of Software and Services this role encompasses many functions including:
• Become competent in the Company’s suite of solutions, services, work flows and practices.
• Monitor acquisition efficiency and quality.
• Monitor other marine operations and plan for simultaneous operations (SIMOPS).
• Provide operational shooting plan based on latest analysis.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems & report appropriately.
• Act as the Client Representative aboard vessels where appropriate.
• Communicate with development teams to aid design of products.
• Liaise with clients as necessary.
• Analyse historic data and use to identify optimum design of future seismic acquisition surveys.
• Assist and co-ordinate testing of all software as required.
• Assist with various technical IT issues such as maintenance of Services website.
• Assist with various data management issues such as recording and management of incoming and outgoing data.
• Liaise with clients in a professional manner.
• Supervise and mentor junior staff as required.
• Contribute to the work with development teams to aid the design of products.
This role offers extensive training in the Company’s leading industry navigation and acquisition software, workflows and practices. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to develop their technical knowledge of navigation and survey systems. The role would suit an individual who has good technical acquisition expertise, happy to work away from home and has strong client facing skills.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in mathematical science, surveying or GIS preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in seismic acquisition essential.
• Ability to pass offshore fitness, medical and safety training essential.
• Previous experience of Linux/Unix essential.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills essential. The ability to apply these skills to problem solving tasks is key.
• Strong GIS background essential.
• High attention to detail with the ability to produce consistently high quality work.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to develop and maintain good working relationships, and converse with individuals at various technical levels.
• Strong report writing skills
• Ability to work unsupervised in the field and also be able to integrate into the office team on return.
• Ability to work under pressure in demanding and sometimes harsh operational environments.
• Strong organisation skills essential. The ability to manage and prioritise workloads.
• Proactive, and a dedicated team player with the willingness to approach problems as opportunities for improvement.
• Flexible in working patterns - long hours may be required whilst offshore.
• Willingness to travel and work offshore – you may be required to be in the field for extended periods where conditions are remote and demanding.