|Location||Moscow, Russian Federation|
|Date Posted||October 14, 2017|
This position is within the BP Russia Reservoir Development Team, reporting to the Manager of Reservoir Management, based in Moscow.
BP Russia has a 19.75% shareholding in Rosneft and has agreements to jointly develop a greenfield in East Siberia, appraise a field in West Siberia and explore in Areas of Mutual Interest (AMI’s) amounting to over 400,000 sqkm across the country.
The team is responsible for evaluating new business development opportunities, oversight & influencing of Joint Ventures and technical studies for the shareholder team. BP’s interests in Russia range from frontier exploration to giant mature water-floods and from tight carbonates to viscous oilrim developments and high-perm gas
This individual will work within the BP Reservoir Development team, undertaking cross-discipline technical studies aimed at maximising value for BP. Longer term, the incumbent may have the opportunity to move into one of the BP-Rosneft Joint Venture teams responsible for exploration, appraisal and development activity.
• Provide BP input and best practice to technical studies done by the JV and technical institutes. Participate in Joint Venture meetings and informal discussions.
• Provide technical recommendations to BP management on Joint Venture appraisal, development and reservoir management decisions.
• Develop integrated subsurface products and contribute to appraisal and development plans.
• Review and develop depositional environment and geologic models.
• Work with reservoir engineers to analyse reservoir and well performance.
• Participate in well planning and new well delivery activity for appraisal and exploration programs. Recommend data acquisition strategies.
• Work with geophysical and petrophysical specialists to bring improved imaging and log analysis techniques into models.
• Participate in global BP networks
Degree or Masters in Geoscience
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 7 years’ industry experience in reservoir/ production geology with geophysical and reservoir engineering awareness/knowledge
• Experience building and maintaining geologic models for field appraisal and development
• Experience in Integrated Subsurface Description in various depositional settings
• Good understanding of reservoir engineering and drilling & completions principles
• Interpretive skills & basic petrophysical understanding
• Communicate effectively in English and Russian• Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with others – within BP disciplines/ networks and with external partners
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (E.G. TRAVEL, LOCATION)
DESIRABLE CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS
Familiar with Western and Eastern Siberian basin and Russian logs.
Familiar with Petrel suite of geotechnical applications.
Experience in onshore new well delivery.
Experience with carbonates or low permeability clastic reservoirs.Operational experience.
IS THIS A PART TIME POSITION?
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
[ "28-Oct-2017" ]