|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||December 27, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Resource Development EngineerABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Gulfport Energy Corporation is an Oklahoma City-based independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company with its principal properties located in the Utica Shale and along the Louisiana Gulf Coast.
Gulfport Energy's core management and technical teams are comprised of proven oil and gas professionals, with experience and expertise in multiple regions including salt dome structures of the U.S. Gulf Coast, and the Utica Shale Basin in Ohio. An entrepreneurial spirit resonates from the executive management team throughout the organization. We seek to leverage recent technological advancements in the oil and gas industry to fully exploit our principal producing acreages in each of our geographic regions while balancing the portfolio with a collection of long-term value opportunities that provide high-impact upside potential. OPEN DATE 12/21/2016 CLOSE DATE LOCATION Oklahoma City - Oklahoma CATEGORY Operations Engineering POSITION Resource Development Engineer FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Exempt SHIFT Days DESCRIPTION JOB SUMMARY:
The Resource Development Engineer works closely with an experienced team in performing reservoir and reserves engineering duties, including, but not limited to, well performance analysis, project economic evaluations, reserves booking, reporting, budgeting, and production forecasting.
- Perform essential reservoir engineering studies utilizing decline-curve analysis, material balance, volumetric analysis, pressure-transient analysis, rate-transient analysis, etc.
- Analyze and evaluate producing well performance with respect to geological characteristics, completions strategies, and production methodology
- Forecast estimated future production of producing wells as well as undeveloped properties
- Perform full economic analysis on well/prospect/project basis
- Support operations engineering team in performance and economic evaluation of potential workover projects
- Work with multidisciplinary team to promote continual performance optimization
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all personnel involved in resource development processes
- Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with limited data/ information
- Proficiency in reservoir engineering and pattern management practices such as material balance, injection optimization, conformance improvement, flood pattern surveillance, and performance forecasting
- Understanding of oil and gas finance in relation to reserves and economics
- Experience in communicating and collaborating with lease holders and joint venture partners to manage lease agreements and farmouts
- Ability to travel as needed in and out of state with some overnight stays necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering from ABET-accredited university
- 3+ years of reservoir and/or production engineering experience, preferably in unconventional shale analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with ARIES, Harmony, and/or Spotfire preferred
- E.I.T. certification and/or MBA a plus
Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary. Ability to drive for long periods of time, walk and/or stand for long periods of time, perform work in all types of weather conditions.
This job operates in both a professional office environment and a field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, iPads and iPhones. Travel to field offices usually reflects similar office environment; however, occasional trips to well locations may involve exposure to equipment, dust, noise, debris, and varying weather conditions.
This job requires occasional travel both in and out of state.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time salaried position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., but can vary due to workload/needs of the company. This position requires an individual who can answer emergency calls at any time. This employee must be available to come to work during off-hours and/or weekends to address emergency conditions or other situations that may arise EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected class of individuals.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.