|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
About the group:
Production Enhancement encompasses all of Halliburton’s Hydraulic Fracturing and Wellbore Stimulation efforts. Halliburton pioneered hydraulic fracturing technology and revolutionized the oil and gas industry when we executed the first hydraulic fracturing procedure in 1947. Since then, we have remained the industry leader in providing fracturing and stimulation services all over the world. The Applied Sciences R&D team is where it all starts. From technology and process improvement to new product development, this team is the heart of Halliburton’s largest Product Service Line and the very foundation of Halliburton’s position as the industry leader and principal innovator in well stimulation products and services.
Key competency /job responsibility requirements:
- Under broad direction, demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems during the development and application of new and improved products and processes.
- Reservoir engineer will support PE AS products developed to increase well productivity.
- Main responsibilities will include reservoir modeling, production and variables sensitivity analysis.
- Minimum of a BS degree with 10 years of direct experience.
- Experience creating reservoir models using verity of methods.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following software packages: Nexus, Petrel, CMG.
- Experience in production decline analysis.
- Knowledge of programming languages (C++, R, Python, etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to all levels of senior management.
- PhD in Reservoir or Petroleum engineering or MS with 5+ years of relative experience.
- Advance or developer knowledge in reservoir modeling software packages. (Nexus, Petrel, CMG).
- Familiar with hydraulic fracturing simulation (Gohfer, Fracpro, etc.).
- May perform modeling, reservoir analysis, correlation and model development on complex projects utilizing existing commercial software. Find best solutions for complex processes like multiphase flow, complex geological and geomechanical conditions, effects of stimulation chemicals.
- May lead the development and testing of software products by providing engineering functions and may provide field support for existing software products.
- Coding ability: C++, C#, R and Mat Lab.
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
- Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Technical Professional Engineer Petrophysical Apps Senior, Technical Professional Engineer Petrophysical Apps Principal or Technical Advising Engineer Petrophysical Apps.