|Date Posted||November 3, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available with one of the leading upstream Oil and Gas companies within the industry. We are currently seeking a Reservoir Simulation Expert/Specialist for their operations based in Qatar.
- Position: Reservoir Simulation Expert/Specialist
- Start: Q1 2016
- Duration: 12 months
- Status: Residential
- Location: Qatar
Undertake reservoir engineering focus on simulation modelling studies to optimize field development plans. Work closely with teams to analyze reservoir and well performance data and develop reservoir surveillance programmes. Conduct reservoir management activities. Participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams. Prepare detailed/integrated development plans for underdeveloped hydrocarbon resources. Develop and mentor less experienced staff.
Required Experience and Expertise:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience in reservoir engineering activities emphasizing large carbonate reservoirs.
- Significant experience working on mature oil fields under water flood and EOR.
- Strong background in numerical reservoir simulation (including up scaling, history matching technology and quantification of risk & uncertainty) in using of Eclipse100 and 300 in particular.
- Experience in reservoir fluid sampling, fluid property modelling, routine and special core analysis.
- Strong background in well test interpretation, material balance modelling and performance modelling of vertical and horizontal wells.
- Experience in reserves evaluation, classification, and booking.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Must have experience/knowledge of current computer software for reservoir engineering applications.
- B.Sc. is required in petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering.
Desirable Experience and Expertise:
- Experience in EOR techniques such as miscible/ immiscible and CO2 injection.
- Desirable to have experience in applying reservoir knowledge and skills to assess field compartmentalization issues and problems.
- Desirable to working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir as well as gas field development experience.
- Desirable to have knowledge of geostatistics, integrated reservoir characterization, fault and fracture studies as well as risk assessment/management.
- Desirable to have experience in static reservoir modelling and description.
Experience in reservoir engineering software:
- Simulation – Eclipse 100 and 300 in particular and other software related to the Eclipse suite of programmes.
- Fluid property modelling – PVTi.
- Material balance – MBAL.
- Well test interpretation – Saphir.
- Reservoir surveillance – OFM.
- Well performance modelling – Prosper.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity as well as a competitive day rate to the successful applicant.