|Location||Dhahran, Saudi Arabia|
|Date Posted||November 3, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Reservoir/Simulation Engineer - Unconventional
As one of the world’s largest fully integrated energy enterprises, my Client is currently seeking an experienced Reservoir/Simulation Engineer – Unconventional to join the Exploration Department in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to:
· Design modelling strategies based on objectives of the unconventional team.
· Build representative dynamic models of unconventional reservoirs to assist in developing unconventional production concepts and full field development planning.
· Deliver production profiles, including uncertainty envelopes on those profiles.
· Provide risk mitigation methodologies, along with rest of the unconventional development team, to ensure robust delivery of company’s business plan.
· Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering. An advanced degree is preferred and will reduce prerequisite work experience stated below by one year for a master’s degree and two years for a Ph.D.
· A minimum of 15 years of experience, with at least 5 years of experience with unconventional resources on shale and tight gas plays (U.S. preferred).
· Hands-on experience in black oil, compositional and thermal simulation of conventional and unconventional oil and gas fields.
· Proficient in the use of software such as Eclipse, Petrel RE, PVTi and other commercial reservoir simulation tools.
· Experience in single well and multiple well modelling, stress analysis and nodal analysis preferred.
· Other desirable skills include:
ü Oil and gas field development and production operations, including unconventional.
Workover/recompletion program design and well site supervision to include coil tubing, wireline, stimulation, snubbing, log analysis, etc.
ü Surface facility design, including compression, gas metering, tank batteries, dehydration, treaters, separators and production units, pumping units, etc.
ü Operating expense analysis, decline curve analysis, well test analysis, pipeline design and installation.
ü Understanding of geology and reservoir mechanics to perform pressure analysis, material balance and have the ability to read logs, understand formation evaluation, core analysis, geomechanics and stimulation data.