|Date Posted||December 9, 2015|
RESERVOIR SIMULATION ENGINEER
CMG is recognized as the world leader in reservoir simulation, especially for difficult, physics-centric enhanced oil recovery (EOR) processes. Course-based and hands-on training, expert experience with CMG simulators, challenging technical work, and real-world consulting experience, while working with CMG’s team, are invaluable to a reservoir engineer’s career.
The successful candidate will provide day to day technical support and assistance, for our customers based in Muscat, Oman, on CMG’s reservoir simulation software products. Initial and ongoing training will be provided but the successful candidate must also be self-motivated to learn about the theory and application of these reservoir simulation software tools. Once a certain technical level has been achieved you will be expected to assist in support activities at CMG client offices in Muscat; conduct training courses as per your level of expertise; and assist in consulting projects as required. You will report directly to the Oman Team Lead, and liaise with the Oman sales personnel in order to assist in promoting CMG’s activities within Oman. The position represents an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to learn and actively participate in a small expert team environment with the backing and opportunities of a larger global organization.
Initial training will take place in CMG’s head office in Calgary, Canada where the candidate will be expected to become familiar with CMG’s range of products and technical capabilities. On satisfactory completion of this initial training period the candidate will be located in Muscat under the supervision of CMG’s Oman Team Lead and CMG’s local representative company GDI.
Knowledge & Skills:
- It would be advantageous, but is not a requirement, for the candidate to have the following existing capabilities:
- A good working knowledge of at least one of the following reservoir simulators: CMG’s IMEX, GEM, or STARS; or Shell’s MoReS; or other similar products.
- Previous experience working in a technical support and/or consulting role in the field of reservoir modelling.
- Experience of either uncertainty analysis and optimisation, or chemical EOR methods
- General experience in Windows or Linux operating systems.
- The ability to program in one of the major programming languages.
- Good written and spoken Arabic.
- The successful candidate must be able to:
- Work as part of a small local team, and to work collaboratively with individuals from other teams across the globe.
- Be self-motivated, require minimal supervision, and have very good communication skills both in written and verbal English.
- Use standard MS Windows and associated office productivity software tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
BS in Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering or related degree, MSc preferred.
Should have previous experience in a Reservoir Simulation related discipline; or good knowledge of geological modelling concepts; or a background in thermodynamics and fluid flow; or good chemical engineering capability.
Please clarify ability to work in Oman.
If you have the above qualifications and are interested in a challenging career with CMG, please forward your resume, via email, to Amir Moradi at Amir.Moradi[at]cmgl.ca