|Date Posted||March 13, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Position: Reservoir Simulation Engineer
Due to expansion in activities and recent asset acquisitions, an International Oil Company is seeking to resource an experienced Reservoir Simulation Engineer.
Based in the Kuwait, the appointee will be assigned to International Business Teams which will also necessitate undertaking International Business Trips to Worldwide Regional Offices. This is regarded as a key role within the organizational structure.
Summary of Role
The appointee will act as the Reservoir Simulation Technical Authority.
- Provision of Petroleum / Reservoir Engineering expertise to Company’s International Asset Teams.
- Provides Petroleum and Reservoir Engineering expertise to team members in the region for evaluating company operated and non-operated properties and new venture projects to maintain and increase company profits. Determines recoverable reserves for the region using various analytical methods, ensures joint venture operations are exploring and developing properties to obtain maximum reserves.
- Represents Company at Technical Committee Meetings, workshops, farm out presentations and industry technical conferences to ensure that Company’s strategic, technical aims are met.
- Review and analyse results of various reservoir engineering studies for dedicated assets to identify and/or optimize field and/or additional development plans.
- Training/mentoring of junior engineers
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- BSc Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related disciplines.
- Minimum 15 years + experience in Reservoir Engineering function, with a few years in the employment of a major operating company.
- Previous experience of working on International Projects and / or international project teams.
- Expertise in Reservoir Simulation and Reservoir Modelling is essential.
- Team work participation with geosciences, finance, and planning personal as required to complete the budget and five-year plan as well as evaluating producing properties.
- Planning and organising to be used to develop the production database, the regional reserve system and keeping abreast of daily operations.
- Computer literacy in both, engineering and Microsoft products (Excel, Access and Word) critical for reserve estimates, the reserve and production database system, and monitoring of working interest properties.
The appointee will be invited to join the expatriate staff payroll on long term residential contract (married or single status). The importance of this key role will be reflected in the generous salary and expatriate benefits which includes bonus scheme, child education assistance, company car, accommodation to a high standard, medical cover for self and family, company bonus schemes, etc.
Interviews : As soon possible