|Date Posted||July 28, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Our Client is a foreign operator in Algeria who are currently producing oil from three major projects.
Essential Job Functions:
• Build reservoir simulation models to characterize and describe oil, gas, and gas condensate reservoirs and to history match these models to available field data.
• Use reservoir simulation models to optimize field development plans, forecast reservoir performance, and estimate reserves based on different recovery schemes.
• Use Regional simulation model to perform global studies (gas handling, NGL, de-bottlenecking, etc)
• Knowledge in hydrocarbon fluid characterization using an equation-of-state and in Special core analysis knowledge would be beneficial.
• Work closely with G&G team to ensure good consistency in static reservoir model building.
• Work closely with Petroleum and Operations Engineers to generate, monitor, and ensure execution of short-term and long-term data gathering plans for their field (well tests, production logging tests, formation pressure data, etc.)
• Utilize petroleum engineering software pertaining to well test analysis, material balance, production logging, nodal analysis
• Participate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, geoscientists, and petroleum engineers, comprised of both ex-pats and Algerian nationals.
• Motivate, mentor, and lead others.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Engineering/Science degree essential. Petroleum Engineering Master degree preferred.
• Knowledge of French an advantage
• Candidates for this job should have 8+ years of petroleum industry experience as a Reservoir Engineer, including 4+ years in reservoir simulation and model development, both black-oil and fully compositional
• Experience modeling waterflood / miscible gas floods and history matching is essential. Water-alternating-gas (WAG) flooding experience is preferred, as would experience using the Landmark reservoir simulator
• Good practical knowledge of a production environment, and history of working closely with Production and Operations Engineers. Good knowledge of reservoir surveillance / data management (planning, monitoring).