|Date Posted||June 8, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Established 10 years ago, our client is a diversified, growth-oriented private Canadian Energy Production
Company in western provinces. The organization has grown to 20 employees and operates business units in 2 main production areas. They have invested approximately more than $75 MM to date and has plans
to grow revenues with capital expenditures over the next 2 years.
Why Consider This Role?
• This is an excellent opportunity if you’re interested in working for a growing, entrepreneurial
Canadian company. The management and shareholder track record of success in starting and
building small organizations into larger ones is enviable.
• You are part of the decision-making process.
• The company focuses on strategic, long term objectives while creating long-term value for
shareholders. Our client is building this sustainable and successful company for the long term.
• You will have key impact on the assets; the visibility provides for personal & professional upside.
• Depending on your career plan, you can impact your future in many ways. Our client wants to
create a best in class reservoir team.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Reservoir Engineer will report to the General Manager, and
will work directly with operations, exploitation, G&G and management ensuring the optimization of the
company’s asset base.
Activities and Responsibilities
As a member of a small multidisciplinary team, that is responsible for acquiring, developing and optimizing a secondary and tertiary development plan with the following responsibilities;
• Your primary responsibility is running and managing the CMG compositional models for their CO2
miscible flood. This will include data reviews (engineering and G&G) and making recommendations
• Work within a team of other engineers, geologists and geophysicists, communication is critical
• Optimize depletion and development strategies for new and existing properties
• Assist in refining geological and geophysical pool characterization
• Complete engineering studies which include reservoir engineering and reservoir simulations
• Deliver production forecasts, reserves for budgeting and project development economics, including
• Prepare and present technical and business presentations to management and third parties
• Familiar with economic and reservoir evaluation software
You will be APEGA qualified, have 15+/- years of progressive engineering experience in conventional oil/liquids with a minimum of five years gained in an energy company setting as a reservoir and simulation
engineer. In your history, you have worked on various flood schemes (water, chemical, hydrocarbon and CO2 miscible, etc.) in a reservoir capacity. Additionally, your skills will include reserves, economics, PVT,
material balance, core analysis, in field flood development. With excellent communication & interpersonal skills, you must have the ability to foster a cooperative, results oriented work environment
while working with multiple stakeholders. You have initiated your well thought out ideas into project status
resulting in a track record of adding value. You possess an energetic style, an attention to detail, lead by example and a have a desire to get down to work. You will also be able to motivate your teammates to
produce results within tight timeframes and manage competing deadline requirements for your time.
To Advance Your Career Reply in Confidence To Trevor Johnstone (403) 539-9420 email@example.com