|Date Posted||July 26, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
- Candidates should have over 8 years of petroleum industry experience as a Reservoir Engineer, including at least 4 years in reservoir simulation and model development, both black-oil and fully compositional
- Experience modeling waterflood / miscible gas floods and history matching is essential. Water-alternating-gas (WAG) flooding experience is preferred, as would experience using the Landmark reservoir simulator
- Good practical knowledge of a production environment, and history of working closely with Production and Operations Engineers. Good knowledge of reservoir surveillance / data management (planning, monitoring).
Essential Job Functions:
- Build reservoir simulation models to characterize and describe oil, gas, and gas condensate reservoirs and to history match these models to available field data.
- Use reservoir simulation models to optimize field development plans, forecast reservoir performance, and estimate reserves based on different recovery schemes.
- Use Regional simulation model to perform global studies (gas handling, NGL, de-bottlenecking, etc)
- Knowledge in hydrocarbon fluid characterization using an equation-of-state and in Special core analysis knowledge would be beneficial.
- Work closely with G&G team to ensure good consistency in static reservoir model building.
- Work closely with Petroleum and Operations Engineers to generate, monitor, and ensure execution of short-term and long-term data gathering plans for their field (well tests, production logging tests, formation pressure data, etc.)
- Utilize petroleum engineering software pertaining to well test analysis, material balance, production logging, nodal analysis
- Participate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, geoscientists, and petroleum engineers, comprised of both ex-pats and Algerian nationals.
- Motivate, mentor, and lead others.
- Engineering/Science degree essential. Petroleum Engineering Master degree preferred.
- Knowledge of French