|Date Posted||July 27, 2015|
904687 - Reservoir Simulation Engineer
Our client is among the largest independent Oil & Gas exploration and production companies.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Reservoir Simulation Engineer, based in Algeria.
- Build reservoir simulation models to characterize and describe oil, gas, and gas condensate reservoirs and to history match these models to available field data.
- Use reservoir simulation models to optimize field development plans, forecast reservoir performance, and estimate reserves based on different recovery schemes.
- Use Regional simulation model to perform global studies (gas handling, NGL, de-bottlenecking, etc)
- Knowledge in hydrocarbon fluid characterization using an equation-of-state and in Special core analysis knowledge would be beneficial.
- Work closely with G&G team to ensure good consistency in static reservoir model building.
- Work closely with Petroleum and Operations Engineers to generate, monitor, and ensure execution of short-term and long-term data gathering plans for their field (well tests, production logging tests, formation pressure data, etc.)
- Utilize petroleum engineering software pertaining to well test analysis, material balance, production logging, nodal analysis
- Participate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, geoscientists, and petroleum engineers, comprised of both ex-pats and Algerian nationals.
- Motivate, mentor, and lead others.
Skills & Experience
- Engineering/Science degree essential.
- Petroleum Engineering Master degree preferred.
- Knowledge of French an advantage
- Candidates for this job should have experience of petroleum industry experience as a Reservoir Engineer, including experience in reservoir simulation and model development, both black-oil and fully compositional
- Experience modelling waterflood / miscible gas floods and history matching is essential. Water-alternating-gas (WAG) flooding experience is preferred, as would experience using the Landmark reservoir simulator
- Good practical knowledge of a production environment, and history of working closely with Production and Operations Engineers.
- Good knowledge of reservoir surveillance / data management (planning, monitoring).
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, remote and challenging environment.
- Individual must be a strong team player, be self-motivated, and willing to provide leadership when required.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 904687.
- Consultant name: Sabrina Confalone
- Company: Orion Group