|Date Posted||October 3, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Tervita is currently seeking a permanent, full-time Reservoir Operations Engineer based out of Calgary, AB. Reporting directly to the Manager, Reservoir & Geotechnical within our Energy Services division, the candidate will demonstrate innovation with the energy and desire to relentlessly pursue value.
Working with the Reservoir and Geotechnical team, the ideal applicant will have an in-depth understanding of fluid disposal in conventional reservoirs with experience in salt caverns being an asset. The individual will be adept at providing proactive intervention solutions to ensure disposal wells remain optimized and field operations are supported to effectively solve day to day issues. The candidate will have in-depth experience in well workovers and completions, and has a solid understanding of regulatory requirements to maintain compliance with existing wells, and to facilitate new approvals. The position will work closely with peers in Reservoir, Geology, Drilling/Completions, Operations, and Land to evaluate new opportunities for sustaining and growing disposal capabilities, in addition to supporting the annual budget with accountability for estimating and managing disposal projects and associated costs.
Additional strengths include but are not limited to: strong written and verbal communication skills, the capacity to prioritize and deliver on a substantial workload commitment and the ability to effectively operate independently or in a team environment. A high level of integrity and honestly with the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external clients is a must. Candidates who are highly self-motivated with a record of displaying initiative and perseverance will be considered.
Reservoir Operations Engineering
- Support day-to-day Operations requests to troubleshoot disposal well performance.
- Compile and analyze data to proactively optimize disposal well performance.
- Generate well workover programs to maximize disposal rates and minimize injection pressures.
- Optimize well clean-out and stimulation programs to maximize effectiveness and reduce workover frequency.
- Ensure annual well monitoring program is robust and providing optimal value.
- Monitor and forecast disposal well and cavern “fill-up” through evaluation of pressure and volumetric data.
- Gather and analyze data to monitor reservoir performance and maintain regulatory compliance for all disposal wells and caverns.
- Ensure fluid and reservoir compatibility for all waste streams entering disposal wells.
- Effectively manage projects; defining clear scope and deliverables, and ensuring efficient execution.
- Provide peer review for well drilling, completion and recompletion programs including new drill programs, perforating, isolating, stimulating and new technologies.
- Analyze spend and recommend changes or improvements that optimize expenditures.
- Contribute to annual well reviews and project lookbacks.
- Support Reservoir and Geology groups in reservoir modelling.
- Review core areas of business to identify new disposal candidates and contribute to the evaluation of new or third party well opportunities with both the Reservoir and Geotechnical, and Business Development teams.
Internal Client Relationships
- Provide Operations with technical direction to optimize existing disposal wells by continually reviewing and analyzing operating conditions and communicating with this key group.
- Liaise with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Regulatory group to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met and that all well assets are in full compliance.
- Design and execute programs that demand a high level of diligence and demonstrate a clear focus on Tervita’s safety first approach.
- Must be a Professional Engineer, or have a technical diploma supplemented with relevant practical experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of industry related experience including: disposal wells, production and reservoir engineering, well optimization, well operations, drilling, completions, and workovers.
- Experience with salt cavern development and waste disposal is an asset.
- Skilled at analyzing data for quality and completeness, providing gap assessments and providing pragmatic recommendations.
- Experience in well stimulations including: acidizing, continuous inhibition programs, and fracturing techniques.
- Solid understanding of well logs, and experience with core and DST interpretation.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Full understanding of regulatory, safety and environmental requirements associated with this role including regulatory applications for disposal wells and caverns.
- Adept at compiling technical presentations and delivering to peers and upper management.
- Advanced computer skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and GeoScout,
- Ability to periodically travel to field locations.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.