|Date Posted||November 14, 2018|
DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East-North Africa region and offshore Norway. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company and holds a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq with average production of 117,600 barrels of oil equivalent for the last quarter. The Zagros mountains in Kurdistan are home to some of the largest undeveloped hydrocarbon reservoirs in the world where the reservoir rocks consist mostly of fractured carbonates.
DNO has four active rigs in Kurdistan, of which one is at the Peshkabir field, two at the Tawke field and one at the Baeshiqa license. The Peshkabir field on the Tawke license is currently within completion of its phase 2 development and has ramped up production to over 50,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) from six wells. All within less than 18 months after commencement of operations.
Due this appraisal success DNO is seeking to appoint an experienced reservoir geologist for this exciting development. The role’s main objective is to coordinate the reservoir characterization of DNO’s development assets and lead the well planning. The reservoir geologist will be joining an international and dynamic working environment alongside experienced, skilled and motivated colleagues. The position will be based in DNO’s corporate Oslo headquarters within a team of geoscientists focused on the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
- Oversee field development geological activities and contribute to improving field subsurface understanding
- Seismic interpretation of structurally complex structures
- Play a key role in integration of new well data, geological, geophysical, petrophysical and dynamic data into the reservoir characterization that forms the main input to the geological model
- Prepare well proposals and follow up operational activities during drilling and testing
- Post well geological evaluation
- Volumetric calculations
- Engagement in ongoing geological studies with the corporate subsurface group and external parties
- Target and trajectory determination for development & appraisal wells
Required Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in Geology or Geophysics
- Preferred 10+ year experience in the E&P Industry
- Involvement in appraisal/development well planning, operational follow up and post-well analysis
- Experienced with reservoir characterization, including integration of: core descriptions, well logs, image logs, dynamic data and seismic interpretation
- Understanding of key carbonate subsurface uncertainties and their impact on reservoir behavior
- Probabilistic volume assessment and risking
- Solid understanding of structural geology, especially in compressional settings is an advantage
- Comfortable user of Petrel
- Geophysical experience: experienced in seismic interpretation
- Good technical competency and high standards in quality of work delivered
- Pro-active worker and self-motivated, has the desire to learn and expand within role
- Willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Strong workstation skills, expertise with Petrel, ability to learn new software
- Flexible, adaptable, problem solving, resourceful
- Good interpersonal, presentation, communication and reporting skills (fluency in verbal and written English language), including recognition of local cultural requirements
- Ability to work in team and across functional groups
- Moderate business travel required
The role is based in the DNO headoffice in Oslo.
Please ensure that you apply with a PDF version of your resume.