|Location||Irving, United States|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Advances in horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing have revolutionized the successful development of shale oil resources. However, primary recovery often remains low resulting in significant opportunities for the development and application of enhanced oil recovery (EOR) methods. The Reservoir (EOR) Engineer will lead Pioneer in the pursuit of EOR opportunities, particularly in our immense shale position in the Midland Basin. EOR can offset declines of base production and potentially play a critical role in production growth. EOR methods, such as gas injection, huff-n-puff, and chemical methods will be evaluated; however, “unconventional” approaches will be encouraged, including integration of different technologies to promote higher recovery.
- Coordinate screening and engineering studies for implementation of EOR projects, particularly in Pioneer’s immense shale position in the Midland Basin
- Lead multi-disciplinary project team consisting of operation engineering, facilities engineering, land, regulatory, and marketing to address all aspects required for field demonstration projects
- Complete advanced reservoir engineering and modeling studies to support implementation and optimization of EOR methods with particular emphasis on gas injection, huff-n-puff, and chemical methods
- Interpret field results and make recommendations for expansion and improvements
- Identify and steward appropriate lab studies to evaluate EOR mechanisms, such as phase behavior or core experiments
- Define and steward external studies, utilizing expertise deemed differential and complementary to the Pioneer programStay abreast of evolving EOR technologies in the industry, including attending conferences, participation in SPE, and recommending research sponsorship opportunities for Pioneer
- Advanced degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Must have 5 years E&P experience. Additional years preferred. Salary and grade for the posted position will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience of candidate.
- Required skills/experience include well performance evaluation, rate/pressure transient analysis, numerical modeling, project management, and cost/data tracking. Experience in shale development and/or enhanced oil recovery preferred.
- Additional experience in business development, operations, and/or D&C preferred.
- Position requires periodic travel to West Texas for meetings and field visits.
Pioneer Natural Resources is an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/veteran Employer.