|Date Posted||October 5, 2017|
Ready for a change? Looking for a new Reservoir modelling opportunity? Great opportunity to join a high functioning team
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Geothermal Reservoir Engineer to work with my client in their Rotorua office.
As a Reservoir Engineer you will plan and execute the surveillance program, optimise fuel supply and injection performance, perform resource forecasting, and prepare and implement reservoir management plans. In addition, you will perform numerical modelling, geothermal field planning/evaluation, including field management to ensure long-term sustainable use.
Key accountabilities of this role are:
- Report on field monitoring, resource assessment, and management
- Propose and oversee well/reservoir surveillance program
- Develop, test, calibrate and review numerical models
- Characterise resource performance and behaviour using numerical modelling software (e.g.: wellbore/reservoir models, pressure transient analysis, etc.)
- Provide technical support to reservoir projects with significant financial impact
- Foster a dynamic team culture which is based organisational values
For the successful candidate, numbers will come naturally to you. You will be a high performer, who is self-motivated, curious and a quick learner, who can successfully operate within a team environment. A tertiary qualification is required in engineering, applied mathematics, physics or equivalent. Post graduate qualifications would be advantageous, as would any skills in numerical or financial modelling and programming. ( Python would be a great advantage ) VBA, MatLab or C++. Some travel to geothermal fields will be required, as such a valid driver's licence is a requirement for this role.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in geothermal reservoir engineering.