|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The Reservoir Engineering Technician provides technical support to the reservoir engineering staff. The individual will assist the engineer in well performance analysis including decline curve evaluation and analytical evaluations. A strong background in math and/or physics is desired and analytical problem solving will be required. The Engineering Technician will be skillful in data management, data manipulation and will be an expert in Aries, SpotFire, Access (or SQL), and Excel.
- Performs data management activities, which include loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting data related to engineering operations.
- Provides user support for software systems to other technical support and professional personnel, which may include installation and maintenance of software and troubleshooting user issues.
- Performs engineering calculations and preliminary analyses for interpretation of data.
- May serve as liaison to corporate Information Systems personnel for more complex problems.
- Performs selection, analyses, and interpretation of technical data.
- Performs advanced data analysis and makes recommendations based on interpretation of data.
- Provides basic, discipline-specific training to new systems users.
- Coordinates data transfer and updates shared data sources among departments.
- Utilizes software to discover trends in operational data and reports.
- Applies skills and concepts to ensure data integrity, data reliability, and data accessibility throughout the group.
- Compiles data, communicates, and provides information to engineers
- Five or more years of related experience
- Database management: Access or SQL required
- Previous Reservoir, Aries economic, and analysis software experience preferred