|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||December 16, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
• Skilled to Lead, participate and define the requirements of the process of approval and implementation of the offshore fields’ development plans in the short, medium and long terms according to Company’s management guidelines.
• Report detailed technical justification required to ensure applying best practice of reservoir management and simulation modeling based on cutting-edge technology aimed at producing the ultimate oil and gas recovery with minimum cost and risk.
Main Tasks & Supervisory Roles:
• Lead assessment of the feasibility of the ongoing and planned activities relevant to the oil and gas full field reservoir development plans, and provide technical basis required for management decision.
• Participate in all technical milestone meetings with Shareholders and OPCOs in order to update management with solution on the key issues for approval of development plans and strategic objectives.
• Work with OPCO’s Monitor and evaluate oil and gas fields’ activities to ensure alignment with management guidelines to ensure efficient implantations of the approved recommendations based on best technology practice.
• Define, initiate and supervise the assignments implementation related to reservoir development based on innovative technology
• Plan & supervise training programs for reservoir engineers and developees.
Detailed Reservoir Development Tasks & Roles:
• Supervise senior reservoir engineers, who are assigned to review, assess and endorse the development phases of the ongoing studies, and provide guidance consistent with management instructions and guideline.
• Lead and supervise assignments aimed to review the fields activates for optimum oil and gas production and monitoring the implementation of the development phases.
• Prepare detailed plans for monitoring and evaluating the oil and gas fields’ activities and production performance to ensure quality deliverables.
• Lead plans for follow up to ensure the added values of new drilling based on the optimum number, location and trajectories.
• Define detailed mechanism and criteria for QA/QC of the full field simulation studies to ensure quality deliverables according to the worldwide best practice before final approval of any field development plans.
• Lead and participate in all technical milestone meetings and workshops with Shareholders and OPCOs in order to update management with key issues for approval.
• Supervise work and prepare detailed technical reports for management on fields development plans.
• Lead work with OPCO’s to ensure efficient implantations of the approved recommendations based on best technology practice.
• Lead work to review OPCOs and consultants reports and provide comments and recommendations.
• Initiate new methods and procedures to enhance the department performance, including staff appraisal and assessment of fields’ development plans and modeling technology.
Other Related Duties:
• Supervise liaises and coordination with other department, OPCOS, Shareholders and consultants.
• Supervise liaises with the Information Scientific Technology (IST) on computer hardware and software department requirements and special studies.
Desired Candidate Profile
• B. Sc. Degree in Reservoir/Petroleum/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
• 10 years experience in reservoir engineering including oil and gas fields development management and, full field simulation studies (use of hardware & software models),
• High caliper engineer with leadership skills capable to supervise senior reservoir engineers and deal with reservoir development challenges including field problems.
• Proven ability to develop staff.
• Well developed presentation skills.
• Highly IT literate.
• High level of English proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and listening.