|Location||Yuzhno-Sakhalin, United States|
|Date Posted||February 2, 2021|
Job Role Summary ExxonMobil Neftegas Limited is interested in finding outstanding reservoir engineers to join the Yuzhno Subsurface Team.
Job Role Responsibilities The candidate is expected to have the ability to integrate knowledge, varied data sets, analogs, and ideas to solve reservoir engineering problems in support of the business. They must provide sound judgment, timeliness, and aptitude in application of reservoir engineering concepts, tools, and techniques in Reservoir Management, Reservoir Surveillance and Opportunity Generation. Mentoring of early career reservoir engineers is required. In addition an informed understanding of the upstream oil and gas business, commercial terminology, processes, and systems needs to be present or quickly developed.
This job role requires the skills necessary to create reliable, consistent, integrated interpretations and propose robust recommendations that enable sound value conscious business decisions. It will be performed at the well, inter-well, sub-zone, compartment, reservoir, and field level and is critical to capturing value via Surveillance and Opportunity Generation based actions.
The role will require competency in, but is not limited to:
• Geologic concepts and their impact on hydrocarbon production and recovery performance
• Understanding the physics of multi-phase flow in porous media and its application to hydrocarbon evaluation, production, and recovery efforts
• Reservoir surveillance planning, execution, analyses, and subsequent production optimization activities
• Integration of geologic, log, completion, pressure, and production data in analyses designed to optimize hydrocarbon production / recovery performance and opportunity generation
• Mentor early career reservoir engineers in reservoir management, surveillance and opportunity generation via direct knowledge transfer in work efforts
• Data management and analyses skills; the ability to work with datasets of varying quality
• Experience with well bore hydraulics, PTA, DCA, Mat Bal
• Competent or advanced in any commercial simulation software (ECL, IX, tNav, etc.)
• Petrel experience and familiarity with static model building process is desired
Preferred Skills and Experience
There is a requirement for demonstrated leadership, adaptability, teamwork, mentoring, and a commitment to high safety and ethical standards. In addition, candidates should be able to work effectively within and across diverse team environments. The position may require periodic Domestic and International travel. The corporation regards its global and long-term approach to hiring and career development as the foundation of its future success as a company, and as a source of great opportunity for subsurface scientists who want to grow their skills and capabilities for a long-term career.
Job Requirements • Candidates should have BS, MS and/or PhD in Petroleum Engineering (or related fields) and a minimum of five year's work experience.
• Strong computational and analytical skills
• Good communication skills in English and Russian
CV must be submitted in English and Russian
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021