|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 14, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Reservoir Engineering Specialist Job
Date: Jun 14, 2017
Location: Houston, TX, US, 77056
Marathon Oil's Permian Subsurface team is seeking an Advanced Reservoir Engineering Specialist to support our Reservoir Engineering team. The candidate will be expected to work closely with multidisciplinary teams and management in support of a variety of development activities and functions. This position will report to the Subsurface Development Manager for the Permian Asset Team and will be located in Houston.
- Compile and manipulate data from a variety of sources to assist with technical analysis (e.g. AFEs, performance analysis, etc)
- Provide supporting data via research from public sources such as HIS, Drilling Info, and regulatory agencies
- Create various reports to understand performance variances and metrics
- Ability to understand and run basic economics to assist with development planning
- Identify and implement process improvements related to existing workflows
- Create and send monthly production reports to Partners
- Maintain various engineering databases through thorough QC and regular updates
- Assist with reserve evaluation and booking efforts
- Aries database updates/management & assistance with economic analysis using Aries
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree preferred or equivalent experience. Major: Math or Science Focus.
Experience: 10-15 years experience supporting multi-disciplinary teams in a technical capacity. Oil and gas industry preferred, unconventional development experience is a plus.
Computer Skills: Aries, Spotfire, OFM, IHS / Drilling Info, Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint, Spotfire/Programming proficiency is preferred, WellView and/or SAP is a plus
General: Excellent oral and written communication skills, teamwork, analytical skills and strong organization & planning skills.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Engineering || || 21641 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, SAP, Database, Engineering, Technology, Research