|Date Posted||October 18, 2017|
Job Purpose/ Key Objectives:
- The Reservoir Engineering Manager will oversee all reservoir engineering related activities in the Company.
- The jobholder will support the company’s growth aspirations through the maturation of assets in the most technically feasible and economic way.
- Provide discipline leadership to Company’s reservoir engineering team.
- Manage the asset resources plan and maturation activity plan.
- Coordinate and be accountable for the reserve/resource reporting and assurance twice a year (report in January and July each year).
- Manage and participate in audits as it relates to reserve status and report (including 3rd party reports).
- Administer the development portfolio of the Company in collaboration with Subsurface Maturation team and thus coordinating the yearly ARPR (Annual Resource Planning Report) submission, as well as providing key input for the yearly business plan.
- Responsible and accountable for the assets production profile and corporate production profile input into the annual business plan.
- Provide Asset Integration Support to commercial and subsurface maturation team.
- Providing input/support to Exploration’s venture and Commercial plan and follow-up development scenarios.
- Provide technical input to development and administration of commercial agreements.
- Provide technical input to development, commercial agreements, technical input to potential new business opportunities.
- Provide peer review, coaching, and field development planning input where required.
- Technical interface with government and partner stakeholders as may be required or assigned.
- Assisting the Company with opportunity identification and Human Capital Management planning.
- Participate in regional activities as required.
- Support Graduate Recruitment.
- Ensure delivery of annual reserves bookings, forecasting, production profile forecasting and reporting – Accountable to sign off the PRA (Proved Reserve Assurance) submissions.
- Grow the Company’s reservoir engineering skill pool, which currently consist of a small number of experienced staff, and potential/growing young reservoir engineers.
- Ensure the experience reservoir engineers develop the inexperience reservoir engineers through coaching.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Educational Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years broad Exploration & Production experience including reservoir/field management and field development studies/projects.
- Experienced in Exploration, Appraisal and Development of Gas-condensate reservoirs is critical.
- Candidate must have previous experience in Wet Gas Modeling, Development, Well and Reservoir Management.
- Candidate must have worked on or led projects which involved Gas assets.
- Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Advanced knowledge in reservoir engineering with WRM, production technology and well engineering hands-on skills.
- Solid grounding in Reservoir Engineering and the fundamentals of Geoscience.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and technical issues associated with subsurface, wells and surface development opportunities.
- Experienced in Integrated modelling and uncertainty management.
- Sufficient up-to-date technical skills to be able to challenge and support technical proposals with credibility.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with experience in coordinating activities and managing staff in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Good understanding of integrated gas systems, gas contracts and associated gas field planning issues.
- Established network of reservoir engineering contacts.
- Drive and enthusiasm, with an open mind, and keen to develop and share your skills and experience in coaching younger staff.
- Mastery in ARPR reserves estimation/reporting and SEC guidelines/requirements;
- Data interpretation, storage and management skills.
- Candidate should be able to work independently.
- Working knowledge of Material Balance, OFM, Well testing, PVT and Numerical simulation Software expertise
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team focused skills.
- Result oriented, decisive and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of field development planning (FDP) and field reviews.
- Candidate must have well developed inter-personal skills and above all must be a team player, capable of drawing together a diverse group of individuals from different cultural backgrounds and a proven track record for generating opportunities and delivering business results.
- Clear and effective decision making is required.
- Personal Attributes
- Strong drive for continuous performance improvement.
- Flexible, reliable, self-motivated and dedicated team player.
- Intense drive for excellence.
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Proven team leader.
- Open to views and guidance from colleagues.
- Extreme drive for professional and career development.
- Other Requirements
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally across various Company locations on Company business.