|Location||Oklahoma, United States|
|Date Posted||January 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The Petrotech Engineer V is a senior-level position and is considered an advisor to the company for functional expertise. Solves problems among business/functional teams and occasionally across business lines or regions; Has an understanding of complex design and performance issues in dynamic or crisis situations based on broad and deep applied professional experience; Has budgetary type of accountabilities or direct impacts upon a revenue center's viability or its quality of service via personal contributions.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides recommendations and advise in particular area of expertise.
- Evaluates current practices to identify improvement opportunities company wide.
- Attends industry events to gather data or represent company.
- Identifies and tracks new technologies in their area of expertise that have potential to benefit the company.
- Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites.
- Develops plans for oil and gas field drilling, and for product recovery and treatment.
- Directs and monitors the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, or well surveys.
- Analyzes data to recommend placement of wells and supplementary processes to enhance production.
- Monitors production rates, and plans rework processes to improve production.
- Interprets drilling and testing information.
- Specifies and supervises well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery.
- Assists engineering and other personnel to solve operating problems.
- Confers with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel to resolve design, research, and testing problems.
- Coordinates the installation, maintenance, and operation of oil field equipment.
- Performs field and screening studies of existing assets and potential acquisitions, including associated economic analyses.
- Recommends, acquires, and analyzes the necessary test data used to define accurate reservoir characterization.
- Conducts exploration project evaluations to include probabilistic analyses.
- Provides monitoring and surveillance programs for reservoir performance, and coordinates these programs to determine if the development plan is congruent with management strategy.
- Trains, mentors and develops less experienced engineers. Recruits, develops and oversees development/training plan for entry-level engineers and summer engineering interns, etc.
- Promotes shared learnings and best practices.
- Serves as effective project manager on select larger and more complex projects company wide.
- Acts as an integral contributor to field leadership, interface extensively with field operations.
- Troubleshoots broader and more technical operational problems.
- Cultivates and manages career development and training plans for entry-level engineers and summer engineering interns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredity univerisyt requiered.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) program required or
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required or
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering from a program in which the correlating Bachelor’s degree is accredited by the ABET EAC required.
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 12-15+ years of related work experience required.
- 10+ years of reservoir engineering experience preferred.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of common industry tools and risks analysis, specifially knowledge in Reservoir simulation modeling, rate Analysis, and familiarty with Rose software.
- Expert knowledge and ability to integrate well performance/nodal analysis, pressure transient analysis, material balance, volumetric and decline curve analyses in the evaluation are essential.
- Expert knowledge and application of volumetric calculations, decline curve reserve determinations, appropriate analogue techniques and material balance assessments.
- Expertise in economic evaluation and reserve assessment for exploration programs, development drilling programs, work overs and production optimization opportunities.
- Ability to use rigorous logic, critical thinking skills and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Expert knowledge of and skills associated with reservoir simulation techniques
- Expert knowledge of unconventional experience associated with tight gas reservoirs, CBM development, and shale gas resource work.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Engineer, Testing, Oil Field, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Research, Technology, Energy