|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 22, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Title: Reservoir Engineering Advisor
Location: London Based Position
Purpose of Job /Role Intent:
Contribute to good quality business decision making by providing fit for purpose solutions to Subsurface problems. Work with other Subsurface Specialists and other team members to ensure that appropriate data is gathered and processed, suitable models are built and calibrated, potential solutions evaluated and recommendations are made. Contributions will be required to support the exploration, appraisal, development, production and reservoir management of the E&P assets and new business activities. Both long-term strategic and short-term tactical (operational) focus is required.
Core Elements of Job
- Advise, Assure, Perform Specialist activities using documented processes, workflows, and best practices for exploration, development, and production activities to deliver consistent, high-quality analysis to support Sasol decision making.
- Team Work, willingness to discuss method and results, openness to other opinions, ability to assimilate, decide and convince.
- Options develop scenarios, alternatives, uncertainty analysis, and communicate to management
- Functional Development. Creation of standards, research into new methods.
- Relationship Management. Interaction with the customer / client. Presenting to stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Bachelors Degree: (Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
- Preferred : MSc and Petroleum Engineering
- Essential: >15+ years relevant Upstream experience
- Essential: Experience in reservoir and field management activities. Including data acquisition campaigns.
Leadership Behavioural Competencies
Highly motivated, pro-active and able to work independently
Fosters teamwork and collaboration
Attention to technical detail
High level of computer literacy (MBal, Prosper, GAP, CMG, Avocet)
Effective planning of work and priorities in order to meet deadlines
Leverages diversity and inclusion
Nurtures and coaches, develops others, acts as a role model
Good organization and project management skills
Good communication skills