|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||December 21, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Reservoir Engineering Advisor - Joint Interest Unit
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Gulf of Mexico (GOM) Joint Interest Unit Subsurface team is responsible for non-operated Assets and has a position for a highly motivated Reservoir Engineering Advisor to be responsible for providing expertise primarily in the following areas:
- Lead RE for ongoing development project
- Field Production Forecasting – Monthly, Life of Asset, Budget
- Simulation modelling of field performance (full field and/or sector)
- Pressure transient analysis of production data and integration of results into field management plans
- Competent Resource Estimator including reserves migrations
- Development and appraisal well operational support
- Mentoring of early career REs on the larger GoM production team
- Build, update, QC simulation models and generate production forecasts. Integrate input from geologists, production engineers, drilling schedule and the Operator.
- Perform development plan optimization and ensure consistency with other aspects including D&C, facilities, etc.
- Perform uncertainty studies and generate mid, low and high forecasts
- Conduct internal technical reviews and complete documentation to underpin Major Capital Investment tollgates
- Provide depletion planning, sensitivity analysis etc in geologically complex oil and gas field which has a complicated gathering system.
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary team to identify workover and infill well opportunities, and assist in the development of well plans. Work closely with the same team to optimize well design and drilling schedule.
- Provide operational RE support to the ongoing drilling program.
- Update hydrocarbon reserves and resources
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Innovative and creative
- Effectively communicates results of work and is receptive to other ideas
- Action oriented and proactive - seizes opportunities
- Meets stated deadlines with high quality, accurate results
- Practices attentive and active listening and learning
- Encourages collaboration within and between teams
- Comfortable with uncertainty and with making timely decisions
- Respectful of fellow team members
- Works toward win-win relationships with Operator
AUTHORITY & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The candidate will report directly to the Subsurface Technical Manager. The candidate will work closely with the entire subsurface team and production engineers.
Other teams the candidate will interact with include:
- Central Engineering and Geoscience Assurance teams
- Other reservoir / petroleum engineering discipline members
- Production planning and marketing teams
- Counterparts in Operator organization
- Direct Reports: None for this position
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering
- Requires technical capabilities in some or all of the following areas: reservoir modeling / numerical simulation, history matching, simulation work flows, depletion planning, performance prediction, network modeling, fluid characterization modeling, pressure transient analysis, PVT modeling.
- The candidate should possess effective communications skills, and the ability to interact with multi-disciplined teams on a global scale, both internal and external to the Company.
- Proficiency in the use of various engineering software such Eclipse, Prosper, GAP, SAPHIR, and PVTp / PVTi, Crystal Ball.
- Experience Level: A minimum of fifteen years of experience in the upstream petroleum industry, preferably with a Major Integrated Oil Company.
- Languages: English, other languages a plus but not required for the position.
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS