|Date Posted||September 15, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
A growing, action-oriented exploration and production company is continually working to be one of industry's best. Their success has and will continue to be dependent upon the talented workforce. Currently looking for experienced, motivated, creative and entrepreneurial individuals to fill a reservoir engineering position on the Exploitation team in Houston.
As a Reservoir Engineer you will be part of an integrated team of highly qualified geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to technically and commercially evaluate, and appraise exploitation and development drilling opportunities in and around Permian fields to implement our growth program. The candidate should have a keen desire to creatively apply new and off the shelf technologies and workflows to reservoir characterization and reservoir/production monitoring.
Using state of the art tools, a Reservoir Engineer will characterize reservoir properties, assess development options, and orchestrate the implementation of reservoir management plans, all with the collaborative support and expertise required to deliver outstanding results.
* Must have 5+ years recent Unconventional Oil experience!
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant field of study
* Minimum 10 years reservoir engineering experience in oil & gas development
* Strong knowledge of reservoir engineering concepts and applications
* Strong knowledge of economic evaluation and business financial metrics
* Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines
* Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a multi-discipline team environment
* Strong communication skills with ability to effectively share information to mentor/develop others
Additional Desired Qualifications:
* Shale / Unconventional Play exposure / experience
* Permian Basin experience
* Demonstrated expertise in analytical modeling tools such as Ecrin suite (Saphir, Topaze, Rubis)
* Demonstrated expertise in reservoir flow simulation using Eclipse, VIP and others
* Working knowledge of 3D geologic models (Petrel, etc.) as input to simulation.
* Experience with Merak/PEEP, DSS software and Crystal Ball or similar risk analysis suite
* Experience in well planning, drilling and completion operations
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran