|Location||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
Reservoir Engineering Advisor – Global Exploration Support - Houston
As Reservoir Engineering advisor, you will form part of a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for development planning in support of the company’s global exploration activities, the current focus of which are deepwater regions in the US GoM and Atlantic Margin.
The Reservoir Engineering Advisor will be responsible for the evaluation of subsurface uncertainty, working closely with G&G and subsurface teams. Thus, the successful candidate will need to use relevant analogs and specialist knowledge to prepare deterministic and probabilistic estimates of reservoir production rates and overall recovery. You will also ben expected to perform economic analysis of reserve developments and investment opportunities, as well as carrying out decision analysis work, with the support of the company’s economics staff and other technical disciplines, to determine development concepts and devise and evaluate development options.
The Reservoir Engineering Advisor will need to generate categorised reserve/contingent resource estimates and production projections using material balance, decline curve and volumetric recovery calculation methods.
The successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing, influencing and providing support to various disciplines across the company’s exploration & development teams, to maximise asset value, as well as generate data acquisition plans for exploration wells, assist in preparing and presenting decision support packages to support projects.
As the successful candidate, you will:
· Have a minimum of a bachelor degree (or equivalent) in engineering or a related field with a number of years’ experience in reservoir engineering of a exploration and production fields, including reservoir simulation and uncertainty analysis.
· Have a thorough understanding of other subsurface disciplines, including geology, geophysics and reservoir and fluid characterisation issues and how they relate to reservoir performance and development planning.
· Have Strong experience in field development planning and economic evaluation, ideally with a variety of offshore projects including fields in deepwater environments.
· Have excellent presentation and communication skills, with the confidence in representing the team and company at internal and external technical meetings.
· Have strong software skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, PEEP, Crystal Ball, Eclipse, ENABLE, Prosper, MBal, GAP, PVTSIM or PVTi
If you meet the above criteria & are interested in learning more about this company and specific opportunity, please send your CV directly to Dan.Saleh@element6recruitment.com or call a member of the oil and gas team on +44.1625.617.812
*Please note, this client cannot sponsor US work Visa applications, hence the successful candidate will need to already hold approvals to work for any employer in the US*