|Date Posted||December 23, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
This position is for a true Reservoir Engineering expert who will be a technical focal point within this excellent Operator.
To be considered you will have a MINIMUM of 15 years of experience and must have expert experience across Exploration, Appraisal and Development. Experience in unitisations would be an asset.
You will need a comprehensive understanding of other subsurface disciplines and will be a key figure in driving integration and excellence in multi-disciplinary teams.
You are a hands on technical Reservoir Engineer who is an expert behind the work station and in helping and guiding juniors.
Responsibilities will include:
– Lead and participate in technical assurance including Peer Assists, Peer Reviews, Gate Reviews and Reserves Reviews
– Engineering support to Assets and Business Units across the business units as required.
– Support technical staff on discipline issues, including mentoring.
– Support engineering evaluations for the Exploration Department.
– Facilitate collaboration across functions, teams, assets and projects.
– Participate in technical networks and committees.
– You have a degree, preferably at Master´s level or higher, in a relevant Engineering discipline.You have 15+ years of relevant experience, at least 10 of which must have been spent at Senior level or higher,. You have extensive working experience with an operator.
You have expert-level skills in a number of the following, and good knowledge in the others:
• Risk and uncertainty assessment
• Fluid properties
• Reservoir rock properties
• Volumetric analysis
• Material balance analysis
• Fluid flow and well productivity analysis
• Fluid displacement analysis
• Reservoir heterogeneity and characterization
• Analytical performance analysis of reservoir mechanisms
• Reservoir simulation for performance analysis and production forecasting
• Reserves determination
• Reservoir management
• Exploration reservoir engineering
Good analytical and communication skills, are a collaborator and team-player by nature, and have a fluent command of the English language.
The working environment offers excellent technical challenge and projects, technical authority and responsibility, the chance to make a genuine difference, a fun working and learning environment with a great team, along with a sensible work life balance and excellent benefits.