|Date Posted||February 7, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||4|
Reporting to the Manager of Storage Integrity, Compliance & Projects group, within the Storage Technical Services team, is seeking an Engineer to work in the Troy, MI Regional office. You will be responsible for applying your skills to solve a variety of engineering problems, and participating in decision support for projects and operations. The primary responsibilities of this position support TransCanada’s’ continuing compliance with applicable underground storage regulations, active participation in risk management activities related to storage operations, supporting various storage-related projects through application of company project management standards, and reservoir engineering duties.
- Monitor level of compliance with existing local, state and federal underground storage regulations, identify gaps, develop mitigative plans & recommendations;
- Evaluate and quantify potential impacts to company storage operations from prospective local, state and federal underground storage regulations;
- Conduct comprehensive integrity assessments of storage wells and reservoirs;
- Develop individual well and reservoir risk management plans that meet internal technical and external regulatory requirements;
- Evaluate and track performance against existing integrity management plans, develop plan updates as part of continuous improvement;
- Monitor and predict storage field performance;
- Perform field production/performance analysis, and well test and well performance analysis;
- Evaluate operating programs and alternatives for well work, including cost-benefit analysis using the company's investment valuation model;
- Review and update storage emergency plans and actively participate in table top/mock drills;
- Prepare for, and participate in, various internal and external audits
- Other tasks as required.
- The individual must have a solid technical background, including an understanding of the fundamentals of fluid flow in porous media and pipe, and knowledge of probability/statistical principles;
- The individual should demonstrate strong analytical skills while being able to exercise judgment and make sound decisions (be able to prepare and present comparisons and consider alternatives);
- The individual must be a highly motivated person with good habits and attitudes (sense of urgency, results oriented, shows initiative, time management skills) and a flexible, agile learner able to adapt fundamental technical skills to the specific functional arena required of this role;
- Ability to quickly adapt to the changing business environment and dynamic business requirements;
- Understand organizational relationships and work effectively within them;
- The candidate is able to accept constructive criticism, learn through coaching, and share the learning with others; and
- Strong communication skills are required; technical report writing will be a significant aspect of this position.
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum, Chemical, or Geologic Engineering, or a related physical science degree, such as Geology, with a strong math background;
- 4+ years of reservoir engineering or related work experience;
- Ability to apply engineering principles to identify issues and develop solutions;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Risk management experience preferred.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 02/17/2017. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter Reference Code 29481. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, Risk Management, Compliance, Project Manager, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Technology